Medical Director, Accountable Care (45415) - Manhattan, NYC
Empower Every New Yorker Without Exception to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
The Medical Director will provide clinical and strategic leadership for the ACO s efforts to develop integrated models for accountable care. As such, the Medical Director will work closely with H+H and external affiliate clinical leadership, such as the system Medical Director, to ensure the ACO succeeds under its current with CMS and future value-based payment contracts under the ACO. With the assistance of the rest of the ACO team, the Medical Director will seek to advance performance under current and future innovative value-based payment contracts to increase the number of attributed lives. The Medical Director reports to the CEO of the ACO.
The Medical Director serves as the clinical leader of the ACO team, supervising staff responsible for strategic direction, quality and utilization review, clinical prioritization, and operational execution. The Medical Director must build bridges with external stakeholders (e.g., Office of Population Health, Medical and Professional Affairs, Ambulatory Care Leadership Council, NYC REACH/PCIP) to advance the aims of accountable care throughout H+H and its external affiliates (with the support of the CEO).
Other specific responsibilities include:
- Delivering on continued high performance in the existing Medicare Shared Savings Program contract, both in terms of cost benchmarks and quality benchmarks.
- Developing the strategic direction for the H+H ACO, navigating the process of entering into a new risk contract with CMS, and mapping out broader plans related to a potential all-payer ACO.
- Organizing collaboration and communication across ACO Clinical Leads, including regular forums for performance review and sharing of best practices and challenges
- Interpreting ACO data to inform strategy as well as to guide refinements to ACO dashboard.
- Launching care models and clinical protocols across service lines (in partnership with other clinical leaders, particularly facility Medical Directors and the Ambulatory Care Leadership Council) to better serve ACO patients.
- Serving as a member of the OPH/ACO leadership team, together responsible for advancing value-based care and population health management across H+H.
- When shared savings are achieved, evolving the approach to the savings distribution, continually striving for better ways to motivate high performance across clinical teams.
- Creating and reviewing internal and external communications, patient-facing materials, program applications, and provider training and reference materials for clinical accuracy.
- Synthesizing scientific evidence and best practices in literature, consulting experts in the field, and translating findings into implementation of accountable care.
1. Valid license issued by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) to practice Medicine; and,
2. Current Board Certification in Medical specialty; and,
3. Five (5) years of clinical leadership experience.
Must be an MD with board certification and an active license to practice medicine in the state of New York. Must be a member of the medical staff and maintain an active practice within the H+H system. Must have 10 or more years of clinical management experience in a large health care system, including prior experience with an ACO.
A demonstrated ability to lead clinical and operational change in a challenging environment is essential. Experience with population analysis, primary care practice redesign, systems of care coordination, process improvement strategies, data management, and leadership experience, will be needed.
Apply for Medical Director, Accountable Care (45415) - Manhattan, NYC
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly