- Position Type
First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking to employ an OB/GYN Hospitalist in the highly desirable area of Sarasota, Florida. We are located approximately 60 minutes south of Tampa and 1.5 hours north of Ft. Myers.
Sarasota Memorial is a full-service health system with 839 beds and specialized expertise in heart, vascular, cancer, and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many nationally recognized programs. It is the only hospital providing Level II Trauma, obstetrical services, pediatrics and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County.
The Level III NICU has 33 private rooms. The hospital has neonatologists on site 24/7 and Maternal Fetal Medicine coverage. The Mother Baby unit holds 30 beds and Labor & Delivery has 14 spacious suites, 3 surgical birthing suites and 4-bed recovery area. The hospital also has a 12-bed OB ECC unit near the Emergency Room.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hospital-based position working 7 to 8 shifts (24 hours) per month in a fast-paced, busy hospital
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as part of the shift requirement
- No call responsibilities
- Evaluates and manages high-risk obstetrics patients.
- Performs C-Sections, Gynecologic surgeries/procedures and provides consults
- Candidate must be Board-Certified in OB/GYN with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Licensed in Florida and holds a current DEA Certificate
- Graduate of an ACGME accredited OB/GYN program
- A 2 year employment contract with a generous salary and bonus potential.
- Comprehensive benefits - health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 403B Retirement Plan, CME and many other perks.
- Relocation assistance is available
- FPG employed physicians have sovereign immunity.
First Physicians Group is one of the gulf coast’s foremost primary and specialty care groups. The group is comprised of 215+ physicians and advanced practice providers in 38 sites throughout Sarasota and Manatee Counties. It is backed by the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System.
Our physicians have been carefully selected and have earned a reputation as being some of the community’s best physicians. Their backgrounds include some of the most prestigious universities in the nation. They are all Board Certified, and the group includes specializations such as in Dermatology, Family Practice, GI/ONC, Gynecology/Oncology, Internal Medicine, IM/Peds, Neurology, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Perinatology, Pain Medicine, Physiatry, Robotic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Cardiovascular/Thoracic Surgery, and many more.
Apply for OB/GYN Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly