Chief Medical Officer
Unity Health Care, one of the largest community health centers in the country with a network of over 27 health sites in the nation’s capital, is searching for a Chief Medical Officer. This MISSION DRIVEN physician LEADER will have a passion for promoting healthier communities and be a progressive medical executive who is financially adept and can drive clinical excellence, best practices, and quality initiatives in order to improve patient care and outcomes across the network. From assessing and identifying to guiding, educating and influencing practice patterns, this individual will champion quality and evidence-based medicine while enhancing and sustaining a culture of accountability, transparency, safety and continuous performance improvement. As a service leader this individual will be passionate about caring for the working poor, the homeless, the incarcerated and the underserved. They will join a culture that works daily to champion patient centered care, promote staff engagement, while embracing technology, and pursuing community partnerships and strategic alliances.
This board-certified physician in Family Practice, Pediatrics or Internal medicine, will be a collaborative leader with significant experience in ambulatory care. Reporting directly to the President & CEO of Unity Health, he/she will also contribute to the strategic direction for the network, as well as the plan for population health, disease management, and care models to bring whole-person care and wellness to the over 104,000 patients served in the District of Columbia.
- Board eligible/certified Physician in Family Practice, Pediatrics or Internal medicine with at least five to ten years (preferred) of clinical practice.
- MD or DO required with MBA or Master’s degree in public health, or related field, preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years progressive clinical leadership experience in an outpatient /ambulatory healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated track record successfully leading patient safety, quality and clinical improvement initiatives.
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) experience preferred.
- MUST be MISSION DRIVEN.
- PATIENT-Centric and fiscally responsible.
- A high level of comfort, interest and capability working in a community-based environment
- Able to sell & champion change.
- Delivers results in measurable, quantifiable fashion; has a bias for action and strong execution skills.
- Understands clinical operations, health care finance, cost management and healthcare delivery across the continuum.
- Holds people accountable, can make tough decisions and is able to have the difficult conversations.
- Boots on the ground, visible leader who is a strong communicator, a coach and a mentor
- Empowering, supportive and promotes a culture of “Joy in Service”.