St. Luke s University Health Network, the region s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a BC/BE experienced Surgical Pathologist with AP/CP board certification to join our growing network and dedicated team of physicians providing excellent care at St. Luke s University Health Network. This position will primarily reside at our Specialty Laboratory facility located at 77 Commerce Way.
In joining St. Luke s University Health Network you ll enjoy:
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance & flexibility
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package including malpractice, health and dental insurance, and CME allowance
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
Pathology Department Highlights include:
- The Department of Pathology consists of 13 pathologists, 5.5 pathology assistants, 4 cytotechs, and excellent histology and support staff in Anatomic Pathology.
- Our ABP credentials include 13 board-certified AP/CP, 8 of which also have cytopathology certification. Two also with hematopathology certification, while others have completed fellowship training in GI (2) , GYN, and GU pathology as well as General/Oncologic Surgical Pathology (6).
- Yearly Workload: 44,000 surgicals, 5,100 non-gyn, and 20,600 gyn cases.
We also have active and well-recognized neurosurgery, oncologic surgery (internationally known melanoma surgeon and oncologist), gynecologic oncology and cardiothoracic oncologic surgery programs. We value expertise and dedication to high quality patient care, commitment to medical education and good hospital citizenship. We also promote pathologist leadership development through network hospital medical directorships.
Applicants should be board-certified and experienced in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology. Additional subspecialty training in Hematopathology, Molecular Pathology, and Head and Neck pathology would be desirable.
About St. Luke s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of 14,000 employees providing services at 10 hospitals and over 300 outpatient sites. With annual net revenue of $1.9 billion, the Network s service area includes 10 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe and Schuylkill counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
About the Lehigh Valley
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American, and industrial history, the region s storied past became its uplifting present, bestowing visitors anything from crayons and craft beer to Martin Guitars and museums, covered bridges, and nationally-recognized events like Musikfest and Christkindlmarket.
The Lehigh Valley is in close proximity to NYC, Philly, and DC. Outstanding higher education facilities include Lehigh University and Moravian College. Cost of living is low and coupled with minimal congestion; choose among a variety of charming urban, semi-urban and rural communities your family will enjoy calling home. There is easy access to outdoor activities like skiing, snowboarding, white water rafting, and zip lining. The Lehigh Valley encompasses three unique cities in one suburban area. For more information please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com.
*We do not sponsor visas
Apply for Surgical Pathologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly