Physician, Internal Medicine
- Position Type
Adult Primary Care in New Haven, CT: Practice medicine the way you’ve always wanted to.
Would you rather spend time with patients than insurance companies? Do you currently spend too much time on prior authorizations and billing paperwork? Frustrated by an expectation that you see too many patients in order to meet your productivity quota?
If you’d like the opportunity to practice truly patient-centered care, please consider joining the staff of Yale Health. Located on the beautiful campus of Yale University, the clinicians of our Internal Medicine department provide fully pre-paid care to the faculty and staff and retirees of Yale University. We welcome applications from Internists (MD or DO), Family Physicians, and Advanced Practice Providers (APRN and PA). We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute through their education and experience to the rich diversity of the Yale community.
Yale Health provides:
- A multidisciplinary, team-based approach to comprehensive primary care;
- No commercial billing;
- Close partnership with the faculty of Yale Medical School for specialty care;
- A lively, collegial environment with many opportunities to grow and learn;
- Opportunities for teaching medical students and residents;
- Twenty-five minute appointments with 8-9 patients typically scheduled per half-day;
- A culture of quality and safety and dedication to patient-centered care;
- Excellent benefits and competitive salary packages.
The positions are almost exclusively outpatient, with infrequent weekend coverage of hospitalized patients. Patients are scheduled during 9 half-day sessions per week. Support is provided by RN’s and medical assistants.
Successful candidates will be dedicated professionals who are stimulated by working with a diverse patient population, many of whom have been members for decades of employment at Yale. Yale Health is an open and accepting medical home providing culturally sensitive, patient-centered care to all members. Yale Health is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Care Medical Home.