Full-time Faculty, Open Rank, Term Tenure Track Appointment
Open Rank, Term Tenure Track
The Department of Health Services Research is recruiting for a full-time faculty, Open Rank, Term Tenure Track appointment. This faculty member will design, implement, conduct and coordinate innovative studies in cancer-related health services research. This position also provides clinical support for managing patient care and participation in clinical research opportunities. The clinical component of this position will account for 20% time.
- Develop and maintain original, creative and independent research projects with evidence of high quality, and productivity, and obtain outside funding to support this research, either independently or in collaboration.
- Collaborate with other investigators within the Department, UTMDACC, as well as other institutions, on new and ongoing research projects.
- Aggressively seek and maintain grant support focusing on health services research.
- Submit research for publication in peer-reviewed journals as primary author and as co-author.
- Interview, train, and supervise research assistants, quantitative and biostatistics personnel, post-doctoral fellows and graduate students to accomplish research projects.
- Mentor junior faculty, as needed.
- Develop and maintain a clinical schedule for patients encountered throughout the institution and upon referral.
- Complete patient documentation for medical records.
- Correspond in appropriate fashion with referring physicians either in writing or by telephone regarding patient care, treatment and preventive management strategies.
- Provide timely and appropriate follow-up consultations. This may include close interaction with attending physicians in many departments both on and off the MD Anderson campus.
- Incumbent must be a self-motivated academic investigator who interacts and communicates well with others at the professional, technical, and administrative levels by means of telephone, oral, written, and electronic communication.
A medical degree and/or a doctoral degree in health services research, economics, epidemiology, public health, demography, public policy, or related field, is required. At least 2 years postdoctoral experience preferred (unless not required for discipline) or equivalent time as a basic scientist. The position requires a successful publication record, given years of experience.
To apply, please send a single pdf file containing: (1) cover letter outlining the relevance of the candidate’s research experience and interests to the position description (2) curriculum vitae, and (3) brief statement of current and proposed research plan to:
Sharon H. Giordano, M.D., M.P.H.
Chair, Department of Health Services Research
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
1400 Pressler, Unit 1444
Houston, TX 77030
MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws, unless such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment.