Attending Physician - L III - Long term Care Facility
- Performs a medical evaluation on all new admissions including history and physical examination.
- Orders or performs appropriate diagnostic studies.
- Documents indications for these tests.
- Legibly documents the above evaluation in the medical record.
- Formulates diagnosis(es), directs or performs appropriate therapeutic treatment and counsels residents.
- Documents prior medication regimen and indications for current medication regimen.
- Consults with other members of the professional staff; arranges for offsite clinical evaluations including diagnostic studies, treatment and counseling.
- Gives medical guidance and direction to other members of the health care team.
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary care team meetings.
- Re-evaluate persons-served monthly or more frequently as indicated.
- Addresses emergency issues, ongoing issues and continuity of care.
- Monitors medication regimen errors. allergies, other adverse reaction and make appropriate interventions.
- Ensures that persons-served are offered preventive immunizations including pneumococcal vaccine and influenza as indicated.
- Actively involved in the unit and facility performance improvement process.
- Participates in discharge planning/transition planning process and provides medical documentation as part of the portable medical profile.
- Ensures that post discharge medications/prescriptions and follow-up clinic appointments are available for the person served.
- Provides clinical unit care during hours designated by the medical director.
- Participates in emergency clinical coverage of persons served after regular hours.
- Participates in rotating on call schedule for weekend and holiday coverage of persons served.
- Other assignments as designated by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Graduation from an approved school of medicine; and
- Possession of a valid license to practice medicine in New York State; and
- Current Board Certification issued by the appropriate American Specialty Board; and
- Five (5) years of full-time licensed experience as a physician practicing in her/his field of specialty acceptable to the Medical Board of the hospital
- LTC, Geriatric or Palliative Care experience preferred
Apply for Attending Physician - L III - Long term Care Facility
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly