- Position Type
Neurosurgery Opportunity – Akron, OH
Summa Health Medical Group is seeking an additional Neurosurgeon to join our growing team at the Summa Health Neurosciences Institute.
Summa Health Medical Group is a subsidiary of Summa Health System, which is comprised of 2 hospitals and over 20 health centers, making it one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. The medical group has 330+ unified, high performing physicians, aligned to create a healthier Northeastern Ohio community.
- Board Certification/Board Eligibility - Neurosurgery
- A current unrestricted license or the ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in Ohio
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Employed position offering competitive compensation, benefit package and incentives such as signing bonus, loan assistance, relocation, and CME allowance
- Part of a growing, multi-specialty Neurosciences team with aggressive 3 year work force plan
- Inpatient coverage includes neurohospitalist, neurocritical care, stroke, neurointerventional
- Additional outpatient coverage is developing as well - we offer flexibility for growth in subspecialty areas including headaches, epilepsy, movement disorders, dementia, and neuromuscular disorders
- Anticipated case distribution – 50% spine, 25% hemorrhage/trauma, 25% functional
- Research and innovation, along with teaching opportunities available
- Large, established, referral base within the medical group, ACO and community partners
- Epic System’s EMR
- Closed ICU with 6 dedicated neuro beds
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Certified as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center by JACHO
- An AHA Target Stroke Honor Role Elite Plus awardee for tPA administration
- An AHA Gold Plus awardee for quality performance
Akron is located approximately 35 miles south of Cleveland.With a wonderful array of sights and attractions, accommodations and restaurants, meeting and convention facilities, and countless recreational activities, Akron/Summit County offers family fun and excitement.Known internationally as home to LeBron James, the Black Keys and the Firestone Country Club, the Akron area boasts a pristine national park, 100 miles of hike/bike trails, affordable and diverse housing, downtown and suburban living, and two universities.Akronites also have easy access to Lake Erie and two nearby airports making travel a breeze.The greater Akron area is a welcoming community rich in cultural diversity, history and heritage.It offers big-city amenities with a hometown feel and is located in one of America’s most affordable metropolitan areas.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Summa Health is a tobacco-free workplace and has a nicotine-free hiring policy.
Apply for Neurosurgery Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly