Seeking BC/BE Fellowship Trained Cardiothoracic Surgeon for New Mexico VA Healthcare System, Alb...
- Position Type
The New Mexico VA Healthcare System (NMVAHCS), Albuquerque NM, is recruiting a talented Board Certified / Board Eligible, Fellowship Trained, Cardiothoracic Surgeon, to join our healthcare surgical service team. NMVAHCS is a Level 1 tertiary referral center with a 24-hour Emergency Room located in the heart of the Land of Enchantment.
The medical center is authorized to operate 310 beds, which include 184 acute hospital beds (including a 26 bed Spinal Cord Injury Center), 90 residential rehabilitation treatment program beds (including a 26 bed Psychosocial Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program [PRRTP], a 24 bed Substance Abuse Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program [SARRTP], a 40 bed Domiciliary RRTP), and a 36-bed Nursing Home Care Unit. Facility currently operates 12 surgical suites which are shared by all departments. The facility is a fully accredited, tertiary care facility and referral site for other VA's in the greater metropolitan area, with a major teaching program affiliated with the University of New Mexico School of Medicine.
A faculty appointment commensurate with training and experience will also be considered. Opportunities for basic research are available along with clinical work in newly remodeled angiographic and operating room suites.
Ideal Cardiothoracic Surgeon will be Board Certified (Board Eligibility Considered) and have strong qualifications and interest in endovascular cardiac surgery, and experience in esophageal, mitral valve repair and TAVR. The CT surgeon will be committed to the continued development of a strong clinical service, the education of medical students and general surgery residents, and the development of productive clinical program, and perform all aspects of Adult Cardiac & General Thoracic Surgery of the heart, lung and chest. Desired expertise in valve surgery, arrhythmia surgery, surgery for complex valvular heart disease and heart failure, mitral valve repair, thoracic aortic surgery, thoracoscopic lung resection and mediastinal surgery. Strong Teamwork Ethic and ability to work with others is important.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Possess Current Active US Medical License
- Board Certification / Board Eligibility and Fellowship Trained in Cardiothoracic Surgery
Albuquerque the Land of Enchantment allows you to experience the authentic Southwest. As one of the oldest cities in the United States, Albuquerque boasts a unique multicultural history and heritage. Native American, Hispanic & Latino, Anglo and other cultural influences are a part of everyday life. You will always know you're someplace special, whether you're eating at one of our traditional New Mexican restaurants, shopping at one of the thousands of shops and galleries around town, enjoying our world-class visual and performing arts, or playing on the best golf courses in the Southwest. Nowhere is the confluence of past and present more dramatic than here in Albuquerque, where the modern city skyline is set against a backdrop of the stunning Sandia Mountains and an endless, timeless blue sky. Albuquerque s spectacular weather with 310 days of sunshine perfect for outdoor activities, including biking, skiing and hiking. Our incomparable weather and scenery also make Albuquerque the hot air ballooning capital of the world. Balloons dot our clear blue skies throughout the year, revealing a myriad of colors.
- The VA supports a healthy work-life-family balance by providing Staff with a robust benefits package and fosters an environment where more time is spent on medical practice and less on business tasks. VA does this by offering:
- Expected salary range is expected between $200k - $400k annually, depending upon credentials and experience, and compensation review process. Highly qualified selected physician may also be considered for the VA s Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), that could provide up to $200k in loan repayment.
- Paid Time Off in the form of 26 Days paid annual leave, 13 Days paid sick leave per year, 10 Federal holidays with pay, and 5-Day paid absence to attend approved CME courses.
- Insurance to include Health-Dental-Vision care insurance programs to choose from with premiums partially paid by VA; Flexible Spending Accounts; Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government; and Long-term care insurance.
- Federal Retirement Plan thru the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) - A three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan, with up to 5% matching government contributions.
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
For more information and to discuss your interests:
Please forward copy of your CV and Cover Letter, summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice, credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (702) 675-5761.
Apply for Seeking BC/BE Fellowship Trained Cardiothoracic Surgeon for New Mexico VA Healthcare System, Alb...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly