Physician (Obstetric and Gynecology)
- Position Type
This position is located in the Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon, Georgia.
Position available for a full-time OBGYN at Fort Gordon, adjacent to Augusta, Georgia, famous for its major attraction, The Masters Golf Tournament. Ft Gordon has a moderate year-round climate and offers close proximity to metropolitan areas, beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the Appalachian Mountains.
The Augusta area is a growing community with an excellent quality of life. A wide variety of cultural and outdoor recreational activities are readily available locally, and many more are easily accessible from the coast to the mountains. Augusta has a vibrant professional medical environment, including the Medical College of Georgia and other referral medical centers. The cost of living is quite reasonable, with quality homes at good prices.
The OBGYN Service provides comprehensive care to military servicewomen, retirees and family members. 2-3 ORs per month. Projected call 1:5 with approximately 20 deliveries per month. OB/GYN provides back-up for Family Medicine Service. Deliveries are performed at Doctors Hospital of Augusta. Eisenhower Army Medical Center has an active GME program in primary care and surgical specialties. OB/GYN physicians engage in resident teaching in clinic and labor and delivery. Physicians also teach medical students from the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS).
As a Physician (Obstetrics) you will:
- Provide Obstetrics/Gynecology (OB/GYN) procedures including the most difficult cases.
- Perform basic colposcopy and treatment of dysplasia.
- Evaluate and treat medical, surgical, and functional problems related to the female pelvis to include masses, pain, urological complaints, and bleeding abnormalities.
- Interpret diagnostic images and provide consultations on images and examination reports.
- US Citizenship required
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Apply for Physician (Obstetric and Gynecology)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly