Emergency Medicine Physician needed to care for our Veterans-Great Benefits!
- Position Type
The West Haven VA Medical Center located in West Haven, CT is searching for a board eligible/board certified Emergency Medicine trained Physician with a Fellowship in Ultrasound to join their dynamic healthcare team
The West Haven campus is a level 1A inpatient facility and outpatient primary care/specialty clinic center with a 24/7 ED that receives ambulances from the community and has an annual census of approximately 15,000 visits. The department serves a defined population of Connecticut Veterans numbering approximately 55,000 in total, with an ED caseload composed of adult medicine/surgery and behavioral health urgencies with very few pediatrics and obstetric presentations.
The Physician will work a 0.75 schedule with the VA and with a possibility of 0.25 at Yale University. Low volume at VA 15,000 patients per year average 1-2 patients per hour. Yale has a high volume of around 90,000 patients per year and you will work with residents
- The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform evaluations, stabilization and treatment on initial encounter with unscheduled, emergency and urgent care patients.
- Order appropriate routine diagnostic tests and x-ray studies necessary to complete the evaluation.
- Coordinate patient treatment plans involving Primary Care and specialists as appropriate.
- Perform evaluations to determine medical stability and suitability for care of patients with behavioral health emergencies treated in the adjoining VA Connecticut Psychiatry ED (a free standing, separately staffed behavioral health ED)
- Provide physician oversight to ED nursing staff and ED mid-levels providers.
- Participate in quality assurance programs and chart reviews.
- Participate on committees of the Medical staff.
- Attend physician ED staff meetings.
Additional protected time is allotted for the following:
- Didactic and bedside ultrasound teaching of ED attending physician staff and mid-levels in real time patient care settings.
- Development of simulation ultrasound training for ultrasound guided procedures.
- Development of credentialing and quality assurance practices related to bedside ultrasound.
- Networking with VA national EM leadership in the development of local and network policies and directives related to the implementation of ultrasound in EM practice at VHA.
Mandatory Qualifications: Must be Emergency Medicine trained, BE/BC and Fellowship trained in Ultrasound
Work Schedule: Variable: may include evenings/nights/weekends and holidays. The Physician will work a 0.75 schedule with the VA and with a possibility of 0.25 at Yale University.
Salary Range: $240,000 to $280,000 per year. Salary determined by experience and background
The selected candidate may be eligible for student loan repayment through the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). Participation is based on funds availability.
West Haven is a city in New Haven County, Connecticut, United States. At the 2010 census, the population of the city was 55,564. West Haven prides itself on being home to the longest stretch of publicly accessible shoreline in Connecticut. The city’s nearly 4-mile tract of beach on Long Island Sound comprises 25 percent of the state’s public beaches, a valuable asset that is ripe for discovery. https://www.cityofwesthaven.com/
VA boasts a comprehensive compensation and benefits package (Paid Time-Off, Professional/Personal Insurance Coverages, 401K, CME, and Retirement, etc.). For more info, click: https://www.vacareers.va.gov/assets/common/print/Physician_Brochure.pdf
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories. To learn more visit: https://www.vacareers.va.gov/
Apply for Emergency Medicine Physician needed to care for our Veterans-Great Benefits!
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly