Medical Director for Internal & Family Medicine
We are looking to expand our leadership team within our Internal & Family Medicine Department. The Medical Director is a key leader for operational day-to-day oversight and its optimization. This leader is responsible for working collaboratively with other Medical Directors and executive leadership to assure our medical policies, protocols, procedures and processes are developed to support patient care, quality, cost, effectiveness, and the patient experience.
As part of this role, you will:
- Oversee, lead, and manage the internal & family medicine providers (physicians, APRNs, and PA-Cs, etc.)
- Create operational plans to define, monitor, communicate, and optimize the internal & family medicine departmental performance, productivity, and revenue against established KPIs
- Maintain a patient load to assure ongoing & current connections to our patients, medical workflows/processes, and the needs of the providers this role oversees.
What you need to bring to this role:
- Current M.D. or D.O. from an accredited school required
- Board certified in Internal or Family Medicine required
- Current FL professional license & DEA required (or the ability to obtain within 60 days)
- 5+ years’ experience working clinically in internal or family medicine as a physician required
- 5+ years’ experience as a Medical Director preferred
- 2+ years’ electronic medical record experience required (Athena a plus)
- Executive presence that is polished in both personal appearance and interactions
- Ability to lead, influence, and work collaboratively with others
- Leadership courage & humility to drive outcomes that are best for the organization
- Systems’ thinking and process improvement mindset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks, projects, and demands with a sense of urgency and positivity
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- Ability to connect with patients and help them feel at ease
- Champions new initiatives, serves as a catalyst for change, and influences others to accept and embrace change
- Valid driver license required with the ability to move between sites as needed to oversee, observe, and monitor operations
We are a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test, background check, and full provider credentialing.