Chair, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Glen Cove Hospital
The Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at Northwell Health and Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine is seeking a Chair to join us at Glen Cove Hospital.
- Identify and develop new clinical programs consistent with market opportunity, patient need and financial feasibility.
- Work with the Administration to meet the Hospital’s length of stay goals consistent with industry standards and the Hospital’s needs.
- Provide leadership to the academic training of medical students and participate on medical school committees as required.
- Ensure the quality of clinical services provided by the Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Ensure full-time faculty adheres to the System’s compliance standards and applicable policies and procedures.
- Glen Cove Hospital’s Acute Care Inpatient Rehab Unit includes 65 beds, a dedicated Brain Injury Unit and advanced technology with use of Robotic Therapy and G-EO system.
- Specialized ambulatory services include: Pulmonary Rehabilitation, Lymphedema, Oncology Rehabilitation, Concussion Management, Hand Therapy, Intrathecal baclofen pump management and spine care.
- The Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency program is comprised of twelve residents. In addition, Medical students at Hofstra all rotate through PM&R.
- Collaborative research opportunities are present at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research.
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 24 hospitals, more than 600 outpatient facilities and nearly 15,000 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 66,000 employees – 15,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. We're training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies.
Glen Cove, New York is located on the North Shore of Long Island, and is less than an hour from Midtown Manhattan. Long Island is known for our diverse communities, educational opportunities and activities. The North Shore with its historic mansions and harbor side villages, the South Shore with its renowned public beaches and sports venues, the North Fork wine and farm country, and the South Fork with its international resort areas. Wherever you roam, you’ll encounter breathtaking stretches of the Atlantic Ocean or Long Island Sound, parks, preserves and historic mansions. The Hamptons and Montauk, The Gold Coast, Jones Beach, Long Beach and Fire Island; dozens of museums, historic sites (including lighthouses) and over four dozen wineries all lie within a short distance of New York City.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Physicians will be employed as members of Northwell Physician Partners, the seventh largest medical group in the country. Academic Appointment to The Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell is commensurate with credentials and experience.
For additional information, please contact: Northwell Health, Office of Physician Recruitment, OPR@northwell.edu
Apply for Chair, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - Glen Cove Hospital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly