Lead Palliative Care Physician
- Position Type
HealthCare Partners is looking for a Full-time Lead Palliative Care Physician to join our team in the Long Beach, CA area. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient’s needs.
If you’re looking to join a physician-led community of other care-centric physicians who are making a difference in healthcare, HealthCare Partners is the place for you. Our initial on-line application process will take you less than two minutes to complete!
- Lead Clinician over newly redesigned Palliative Care Program
- Mon-Fri, 8a-5p, 40 hours a week in an outpatient setting
- Average Patients Per Day: ~8-10 PPD
- No weekends or nights required but must be open to being on call
- Majority of the time will be in an office setting but may do home visits on occasion
- Dedicated support staff
- Unrestricted California State Medical License
- Candidates without a California State Medical License will be considered, however, the licensing process takes ~6 months
- Current California DEA certificate required to start
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine
- ?Critical Care, Palliative, or Geriatrics boarded MD/DO with previous experience highly preferred
- Previous experience in a managed care setting and working with chronically ill patients
- Medical Spanish preferred but not required
- Robust Benefits Package and Bonuses
- Leadership Pathways and Partnership
- Dedicated support staff such as nurses and medical assistants
- CME Reimbursement and Related Time Off
- Paid License Renewals
- Malpractice Coverage
- Advanced EMR system in place?
- Employee Wellness Program
HealthCare Partners manages and operates medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania ?and Washington. A leading independent medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based medical care in a cost-effective manner. As of June 30, 2017, DaVita Medical Group’s teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients. HealthCare Partners leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu. ??
Apply for Lead Palliative Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly