- Position Type
- Our Urbana neuroscience program is part of the larger Illinois Neurological Institute, the neuroscience service line of OSF HealthCare, with headquarters in Peoria, Illinois. The INI includes 50+ neurologists, neurosurgeons and physiatrists and 41 advanced practice providers. Most faculty are fellowship trained. Subspecialties include spine, vascular, functional neurosciences, spine and brain tumors, pediatric, peripheral nerve, epilepsy and Gamma Knife.
- Physician must be board-eligible or board-certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
- Schedule includes both inpatient and outpatient work with an estimated 1-2 days per week in clinic.
- As an employed physician with OSF Healthcare Multi-Specialty Group, enjoy a strong referral base from our integrated healthcare network.
- Expanding general neurosurgical practice with option to build a subspecialty neurosurgery practice in area of interest. Opportunity to develop clinical and simulation research in conjunction with the OSF Illinois Neurological Institute and the state of the art Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center in Peoria, Illinois.
- EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
- Competitive base salary plus incentives.
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Signing bonus
- Loan repayment options
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
Heart of Mary Medical Center
- OSF HealthCare Heart of Mary Medical Center is a 206-bed comprehensive health care facility serving the residents of Urbana, Illinois, and surrounding areas. https://www.osfhealthcare.org/heart-of-mary/.
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- CARF Accreditation Inpatient Rehabilitation program with designations for amputation and stroke specialty
- Though Urbana, population 41,000, is considered a small town, the combined population of the Urbana-Champaign population is just shy of 150,000. The community provides the amenities a metropolitan city would offer, including outstanding restaurants, a variety of recreational activities and unique shopping experiences plus being the site of a large, Big-10 University.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Urbana has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Illinois with the University of Illinois being the largest employer in the area.
- The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, ranked the 14th best public university in the nation, includes a medical school with teaching opportunities.
Apply for Neurosurgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this