- Position Type
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team - The Hospital
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
Temecula Valley Hospital is a 140-bed, state of the art, community hospital that opened its' doors in 2013. Temecula Valley Hospital provides general medical and surgical services, cardiovascular services including open heart surgery, stroke care, palliative care, and 24-hour emergency care.
- 20-bed closed ICU - Intensivists admit and manage all ICU patients
- 5 physician team with one advanced practitioner
- No call environment
- 12-hour block shift schedule; day and night coverage
- Part-time option available
- New internal medicine residency program starting in July 2019 - Intensivists will attend/supervise residents and will be certified teaching physicians for residents in ICU
Awards and Recognitions:
- November 2018, Temecula Valley Hospital earned its' 5th Leapfrog "A" Grade for Patient Safety
- 2017 Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- STEMI Receiving Center designation by Riverside County Emergency Medical Services Agency and San Diego County Emergency Medical Services
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center accreditation by The Joint Commission
- American Heart Association / American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO with active California license; must be BC/BE in Critical Care Medicine.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Location & Lifestyle
Temecula, CA, located in Riverside County, is home to 110,722 residents and is one of the best places to live in California. Living in Temecula offers residents a suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Temecula, there are a lot of parks and highly rated public schools, which makes this an attractive place to set roots for families and young professionals.
- The Temecula Valley may be the wine industries best-kept secret, but not for long! This region is home to over 40 wineries and was recognized by Wine Enthusiast as a 10 Best Wine Travel Destination for 2019 https://www.visittemeculavalley.com/
- Historic Old Town Temecula Foodie District
- Excellent public and private golf courses
- 1 hour drive to San Diego, CA and Irvine, CA
Apply for Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly