- Position Type
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
At Carondelet St. Josephs Hospital, Sound Physicians operates three service lines within the hospital walls - emergency medicine, critical care, and hospital medicine for a true continuum of care for patients. We are seeking a physician leader who is passionate about embracing integration and innovation within the acute episode of care. Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. As healthcare becomes more complex it takes a resilient leader to collaborate and find new ways to bring a team together and provide high-quality care for patients every day. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders with a dedicated learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- A robust support team that allows you to do what you do best including a program manager, site coordinator, and team of clinical performance nurses
- Customized learning platform geared toward physicians at all stages of their professional and personal development
- Contributions are valued and rewarded through concentrated efforts and deep investments in our people
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Weve made deep investments in our learning & development team who have a host of material to accelerate onboarding and mentorship to ensure colleague success in new roles. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing support to help manage your teams performance
- SoundMetrix is our robust data platform that gives you real-time insight into individual performance, quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes of your team
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. Carondelet is recognized as being one of southern Arizonas top healthcare systems as demonstrated through Joint Commission accreditation at all three Carondelet Hospital locations. Carondelet hospitals receive top ranking in Leapfrogs Spring 2018 national safety study and named among the best in the region by U.S. News and World Report. Are you ready to reach your greatest human potential? Apply today!
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine required
- Prior leadership experience of 2 years required and 5+ years hospitalist experience
- Your monthly schedule will consist of 12 clinical shifts and three administrative shifts
Location and Lifestyle
Tucson is situated in the eastern portion of Pima County, Arizona in one of the lushest valleys found in the Sonoran Desert. Surrounded by five unique mountain ranges, opportunities for outdoor exploration are endless. A quick drive along the Catalina Highway-Sky Island National Scenic Byway can take you from the lower elevations of the valley floor to the summit of Mt. Lemmon at 9,157 feet. In roughly an hour this scenic drive traverses seven of the world's nine life zonesthe span of ecosystems you'd see driving from Mexico to Canada. The city is bordered on all sides by protected natural areas: Coronado National Forest, Catalina State Park, Ironwood Forest National Monument, and Saguaro National Parks East and West (the best places to see the giant saguaro cactus native only to Southern Arizona and Native Mexico). Because of the variety of terrain and proximity to protected areas and parks Tucson is widely considered one of the worlds best destinations for activities such as hiking, cycling, rock climbing, horseback riding, and just about anything else you would want to do outdoors.
Apply for Chief Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly