- Position Type
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.The Team - The Hospital
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
Long Beach Medical Center consistently achieves national accolades for providing quality care, recognized as a major regional provider of medical and surgical services.
- 570-bed, non-profit medical center
- Medical, surgical, cardiovascular and neuro patient ICU
- 8 full-time intensivists with 1 advanced practitioner and experienced nursing staff
- High complexity cardiovascular program
- Level II Trauma Center
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Flexible scheduling incorporating inpatient ICU and outpatient pulmonary with teaching and clinical research time
Awards and Recognitions
- One of the U.S. top 125 hospitals by Consumers CHECKBOOK
- Named Top 100 Hospitals Cardiovascular by Thomson Reuters
- One of Americas Best Hospitals for Orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report magazine
- MD or DO - must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- Prior experience treating cardio-vascular critical care patients
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Long Beach Memorial Hospital is strategically located for an easy commute from Orange County, Los Angeles or the beach communities of Huntington Beach or Manhattan Beach. Numerous unique dining and shopping destinations mixed with eclectic neighborhoods, arts and culture, history, family-friendly activities, and endless sports and recreation opportunities in this urban waterfront playground. Enjoy a live performance at the Long Beach Performing Arts Center, home to the Long Beach Symphony Orchestra or enjoy a fun family day at the Long Beach Aquarium. Catalina Island, Disneyland, and Universal Studios Hollywood are all a short car drive away.
Apply for Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly