Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
- Position Type
Medical Center of Trinity
Trinity, FL 34655
Size of Hospital: 288-beds
Medical Center of Trinity is a 288 bed, state-of-the-art, all-private room hospital (main campus) strategically located in the tri-county area of Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
Medical Center of Trinity clinical and acute-care programs include: Emergency Care, Heart and Vascular, including Open Heart Surgery, Spine and Orthopedics, Cancer Care and Women's Health.
Medical Center of Trinity has been designated as an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center and earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal Of Approval® For Total Hips And Total Knees Certification.
Medical Center of Trinity is recognized among the nation's Top Performers on five key quality measures — heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care and stroke — by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. The Cancer Care program is an Accredited Community Cancer Program by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
Accreditations and Recognition:
- Joint Commission accreditation:
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Joint Replacement in Hip and Knee
- Five Star Recipient for:
- Abdominal Aorta
- Treatment of GI Bleed
- Stroke Treatment
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
- Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
- Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
- Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
- Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
- Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
- Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
- Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Education & Experience:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
- Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
- Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Board Certified Physician, Required
- State medical board licensed, Required
Apply for Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly