- Position Type
Health First Medical Group is looking for an Extensivist to work within our 400+ provider medical group. The physician will provide comprehensive care to Health First Health Plan members with highly complex medical issues. The physician will lead a care team which includes nurse practitioners, case managers, clinical pharmacists, registered nurses, medical assistants, and social workers in an effort to minimize the possibility of hospital admission or emergency department visits while increasing the engagement of our members in their healthcare.
Health First Medical Group (HFMG) is part of Health First, a healthcare Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) located on Central Florida’s east coast and Brevard County’s only IDN. Our IDN is comprised of several services, including four hospitals. Our largest hospital facility, Health First’s Holmes Regional Medical Center, has 514 beds, is a premier tertiary referral hospital and the only state-accredited Level II trauma center in Brevard and Indian River counties.
Job duties include:
- Provide comprehensive care to HFMG patients with multiple complex medical issues as referred by HFMG primary care physicians or those recently discharged from the hospital
- Manageable census to include care clinic referrals and urgent care walk-in patients
- Discuss patients’ condition and needs with a designated family member, primary care physician and specialist
- Coordinate and supervise patient care, including exams, tests, consultations and treatments
- Supervise HFMG advance practice providers in same setting
- Competitive salary – Retirement/401(k) programs
- Welcome bonus and relocation allowance
- No hospital coverage and no weekend office hours
- Collegial work environment
- Health, dental, vision, disability and malpractice coverage
- No state income tax
- Great public and private schools
- Big city amenities with a small town feel, including vibrant art, theatre and music scene as well as outdoor activities such as boating and biking. We are situated just a few miles from several beautiful Florida beaches and are close to major airports, shopping and many Florida attractions.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine is required
Apply for Extensivist Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly