Physician - Gastroenterology
- Position Type
Physician Opportunity in Gastroenterology in Bellingham, Washington
We offer an exciting opportunity for an ERCP capable physician to be a part of a therapeutic practice that has no local competition for acute biliary and pancreatic care. The selected candidate will be a part of growing, robust GI practice in Bellingham, Washington.
Why you'll love the practice:
- Five Gastroenterologists; a skilled, GI-trained Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner and a new APC joining soon
- 100% consultative service and share community call with another local practice
- Regional referral center for complicated biliary case from network to critical access hospital
- A dedicated GI hospitalist to lessen the call burden of the traditional practice GI physicians
- Be part of a large medical center, benefit from established infrastructure
- Become part of our physician-driven GI collaborative to standardize clinical guidelines and practices
This group supports two locations and hospitals in various roles. The incoming physician has opportunity to shape their role to a great extent, combining call, clinic, hospitalist, plus locations supported.
1:2 ERCP call and general gastroenterology call shared with the Gastroenterologists.
- Strong support staff
- Physicians are experienced, collegial and fun, and can offer mentorship to a new fellowship graduate
- Colorectal and Vascular Surgeons are part of a six-surgeon surgical services team
- Robust primary care team and 24/7 hospitalist service
- Emphasis on excellent medicine with continuity of care from inpatient to outpatient
- EPIC EMR with Provation for endoscopy procedure report.
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is a 253-bed Level II Trauma Center in Bellingham as well as Whatcom County's only hospital. PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC) and PeaceHealth Medical Group (PHMG) in Bellingham provide comprehensive and specialty care to the communities of Northwest Washington. Tertiary referrals come from a one-hundred-mile radius. Our dedicated physicians and staff have earned recognition as a top-ranking facility for patient quality initiatives in Washington State.
Why you’ll love Northwest Washington:
Bellingham is acclaimed for its small-city flavor with big-city amenities! It is home to a major university, pristine lakes, forests, salt water beaches, miles of inner-urban trails, and snow-covered peaks. We're 90 minutes north of Seattle and 20 minutes south of British Columbia, Canada. We are also rated as one of America's most desirable communities by Money, Outside, Kiplinger, Forbes, and National Geographic magazines.
Competitive compensation and robust benefits:
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- CME reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plans
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational loan reimbursement program (up to $50,000 for those who qualify)
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Kim Dianich or visit jobs.peacehealth.org.
Req Id # 164407
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community, along with our benefits offered, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Apply for Physician - Gastroenterology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly