Public Health - Chief Medical Officer - MD/DO
- Position Type
The Springfield-Greene County Health Department is search for a Medical Physician to provide oversight for medical services of the department. The Physician's primary roles would include serving as the medical advisor to the Director of Health, provide medical expertise as it relates to the department's efforts to improve public health, and liaise with the medical community. The position is a key role in a progressive and innovative public health department, which seeks to use data-driven decision-making to focus policy and system efforts on prioritized community health issues. The dynamic team within the department places emphasis on engaging with employees, partners and the community to create effective and sustainable change. The Springfield-Greene County Health department is an accredited department through the Public Health Accreditation Board, and has received national recognition on a variety of projects including piloting testing of mycoplasma genitalium with the Federal Drug Administration and the process used in the community health needs assessment.
For more information about the Springfield-Greene County Health Department click here.
Qualifications and Requirements
Experience, Education, and Training
- Graduation from an accredited medical school, with a valid medical license in Missouri;
- Board-Certified in Primary Care or Infectious Disease and a Master's degree in Public Health, Health Administration, or any closely related field.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Missouri;
- Maintain certification in CPR.
More searches like this
- Family Medicine Full Time Permanent jobs in Springfield
- Hospital Medicine (MD) Full Time Permanent jobs in Springfield
- Infectious Disease Full Time Permanent jobs in Springfield
- Internal Medicine Full Time Permanent jobs in Springfield
- Public Health / Preventive Medicine Full Time Permanent jobs in Springfield