Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist or Hospitalist
- Position Type
Join a Committed Team Caring for Communities in Need
Erie Family Health Centers Seeks OB/GYN Specialist and Hospitalist
Join Erie’s diverse and talented team dedicated to caring for underserved and immigrant populations as an OB/GYN Specialist or Hospitalist.
Erie is a visionary and growing community health center providing high-quality care to more than 70,000 patients at 13 locations throughout Chicago and the northern suburbs. We have received multi-year recognition as top Chicago workplace and national leader in quality of care.
Occurrence-based FTCA malpractice coverage is provided for both roles!
In this role you will:
- Improve health and well-being in diverse underserved Chicago communities while being eligible for up to $25K annually in loan repayment through National Health Service Corp.
- Provide labor, delivery and gynecology call coverage for patients at one of the busiest labor and delivery units in the country.
- Act as a specialist providing support to a talented team of Family Medicine physicians, Certified Nurse Midwives, APRNs and PAs.
- Perform gynecologic surgery through generous hospital charity care programs that facilitate our ability to care for uninsured patients.
- Teach OB/GYN and Family Medicine residents and medical students at Chicago’s premier academic and community hospitals.
- Participate in many opportunities for education, leadership, research, advocacy and career growth
- Enjoy generous compensation, benefits and incentive package as well as part-time and flexible scheduling opportunities and occurrence-based FTCA coverage.
OB-GYN Specialist Requirements:
- MD or DO from accredited institution, licensed physician in Illinois
- Board Eligible/Certified in OB/GYN
- Federal DEA license, Illinois Physician's license
- Interest in and comfort with working with vulnerable and diverse patient populations
- Knowledge of or interest in learning medical Spanish (stipends available for immersion language study)
Provide inpatient coverage at a premier, academic institution in downtown Chicago and/or a highly-regarded, mid-size, community hospital in northern Chicago. Join Erie’s dynamic team that delivered more babies than any other health center in Illinois in 2017 and was among the top ten in the country for number of births by a Federally Qualified Health Center.
OB/GYN Hospitalist Requirements:
- Comfortable covering a busy L&D
- Must be able to obtain privileges for basic laparoscopy including management of ectopic pregnancies
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible
- If desired, opportunity to work outpatient to maintain gyn / office skills
- Flexible scheduling
Apply for Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist or Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly