Part Time - Director of Gynecologic Oncology
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island our teams accommodate more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
We are currently accepting applications and referrals for a Director of Gynecologic Oncology to join The department of OB/GYN at Coney Island Hospital.
- Primary responsibility for oversight of the Division of Gynecologic Oncology.
- Provide quality oversight of the departmental staff with respect to Gynecologic Oncology.
- Formulate a comprehensive strategy and plan to enhance the clinical quality of the Division of Gynecologic Oncology.
- Foster a collaborative and multidisciplinary practice that includes General Gynecology, as well as the sub-specialties including, but not limited to the following: family planning, Gynecology, minimally invasive gynecologic surgery & ambulatory surgery.
- Expand the Division with a patient-centered approach that optimizes the patient experience.
- Develop and maintain policies, protocols and guidelines that are evidence based, and meet departmental goals as well as the requirements of local and national regulatory agencies.
- Implement strategies to expand gynecologic surgery volume within the Department of OB/GYN
- Maintain a schedule that ensures coverage of surgical emergencies within the Department of OB/GYN, in conjunction with the Director of Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery.
- Assist with the recruitment and development of departmental staff and work to remove impediments that would prevent staff from functioning at the highest level.
- Manage the clinical operations of the Department of OB/GYN Gynecologic Oncology Service with the implementation of performance improvement projects to ensure quality goals.
- Graduate of an approved medical school
- Successful completion of an accredited residency program in the appropriate clinical specialty.
- Possession of a valid license to practice medicine in New York State.
- Possession of a valid DEA license.
- Current Board Certification issued by the appropriate American Specialty Board or eligibility to obtain Board Certification within 5 years of hire.
- Excellent bedside manner and interpersonal skills.
** This would include the Obstetrics and Gynecologic coverage of the Labor and Delivery Unit as well as the Emergency Department and inpatient units **
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your CV to:
Carmen Velez, MBA
Apply for Part Time - Director of Gynecologic Oncology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly