- Position Type
Mercy Gastroenterologists (GI) provide Outpatient community-based medical care. We are seeking a talented, personable physician to provide a full-spectrum of GI medical services. This opportunity is located in our multi-specialty medical complex adjacent to the hospital, providing quick access to a diverse inpatient population, hospital-based Endoscopy Lab, and a full range of state-of-the-art treatment options.
Each physician works 5 days per week with a 1:5 shared call arrangement. Clinic hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, excluding holidays. Each physician has Mercy Iowa City hospital privileges and follows all inpatient cases.
Employed Practice Opportunity
- Established primary care network and referral base
- Full-time employment
- Outpatient care practice
- Hospital-based Endoscopy Lab
- Employed 24/7 Hospitalist service on-site
- Outreach opportunities available
Excellent Benefit & Compensation Package
- Guaranteed base salary incentive eligible
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- 457(b) plan for additional pre-tax savings
- Relocation assistance
- Health with Health Savings Account, Dental, Life, LTD
- Malpractice insurance
- Dues & CME compensation
About Mercy Hospital
Mercy Iowa City is a 234 bed, acute care, Joint Commission accredited, level III trauma center located in the heart of Iowa City, IA. Over 250 medical care professionals provide services within the community and represent most specialties. Mercy Iowa City offers an established Hospitalist service, available 24/7 for all patients age 18 or older. For access to more detailed Mercy Iowa City information, please visit us at www.mercyiowacity.org
What makes Iowa City a great place to live?
- Rated #6 nationally for public and private schools
- Home of the University of Iowa and the Iowa Hawkeyes
- Beautiful parks and recreation, clean air and water, diverse cultural community with emphasis on the arts and cultural events.
- Low unemployment and crime rates, affordable housing and short commutes make Iowa City a Money and Fortune Magazines Top Place to live!
Iowa City’s motto is “Small Town Atmosphere, Big City Choices”. Iowa City is consistently rated among the best places to live in America. Iowa’s Creative Corridor gives you access to great opportunities in employment, housing, recreation, culture, and more! From art museums to county fairs, roadside diners to high-end bistros, music in the park to Broadway productions, the opportunities to enjoy life without the long commutes and daily drudge you find in other cities is enjoyed here everyday.
Apply for Gastroenterologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly