Vice Chair and Medical Director of Inpatient Medicine
- Position Type
On behalf of the Donald W. Reynolds Department of Geriatric Medicine at the University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine, we are excited to announce the inception of a national search for candidates for the Vice Chair and Medical Director of Inpatient Medicine. The new leader will have the unique opportunity to envision and build an inpatient consultation program that will set the standard of geriatric care for the state of Oklahoma. Applicants should possess the leadership skills necessary for success in interdisciplinary program development and must be eligible for an Oklahoma state medical license (MD or DO). Applicants must be board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine and board certified or eligible in Geriatric Medicine or Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
We are excited to speak with you about this opportunity that we believe to be among the top leadership opportunities available in Geriatric Medicine.
Join one of the few Departments of Geriatric Medicine in the United States
Join the largest physician group and hospital system in the state with over 1,000 providers
Collaborate on program development and research endeavors with department colleagues who have been highly successful in obtaining federal funding for their work in clinical and basic science paths
Up to 50% protected time supported by the Reynolds Family Endowment will support personal research endeavors and the educational and administrative requirements of the role
- Financial resources to support the development of a statewide telemedicine service
- Receive outstanding faculty benefits, including but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation and retirement programs comparable with private practice
- Free undergraduate tuition at the University of Oklahoma for dependent children
- Moving expenses for those outside the state of Oklahoma
- Sign-on bonuses offered on a case-by-case basis
- Live in the vibrant Oklahoma City metro area with great public education, professional sports, a strong economy, a commitment to the arts, and one of the lowest costs-of-living in the U.S.
Thank you in advance for your time and interest. For additional information about this exciting role, please contact: Donald Courtney, MD, Associate Professor and Chairman at 405-271-8124 and/or Donaldemail@example.com
The University of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Vice Chair and Medical Director of Inpatient Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly