- Position Type
PLAY A VITAL ROLE IN THE LIVES OF OUR NATION’S DEFENDERS
As an Orthopedic Surgeon on the U.S. Army health care team, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the most advanced procedures and techniques performed today. From groundbreaking bionic prosthetics to regenerative bone and tissue research, the U.S. Army Medical Department is pioneering work that is changing medicine — and improving the success rate — of orthopedic surgery.
When you join the Army Medical Corps, you’ll be making a difference in the lives of our Soldiers and the country at large. Additionally, you’ll gain access to invaluable opportunities like supporting humanitarian missions, leadership training and competitive benefit packages. Join us and use your expertise to help expand the boundaries of orthopedic surgery alongside professionals who share your passion.
Benefits may include:
- Repayment of qualified education loans to lending institution, paid annually over a maximum of 3 years while serving
- Based on your area of concentration, you may be eligible for an accessions bonus, paid over a four-year period while serving.
- No-cost or low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Enrollment into the Uniformed Services Blended Retirement System
- Specialized training to become a leader in orthopedic medicine
- Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree from an accredited U.S. school of medicine or osteopathy; foreign graduates may apply with permanent certificate from the Educational Council of Foreign Medical Graduates
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Eligibility for board certification
- Completion of at least one year of an approved graduate medical education internship
- Completion of a training program in orthopedic surgery
- Between 21 and 42 years of age (waivers granted on a case-by-case basis)
- U.S. citizenship
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/medical
Apply for Orthopedic Surgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly