Family Medicine Program Director in Growing Community!
The Program Director of the Family Medicine Residency Program is responsible for the leadership, organization, operation, and general administration of the Family Medicine Residency Program sponsored by Conway Regional Health System. The Program Director establishes the strategic direction of the program and is responsible for the standards, quality and reputation of the program. The Program Director is expected to integrate the Family Medicine Residency Program with physician practices and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality, and promotes an optimal environment for professional practice and medical education.
The Program Director must:
- Have at least five years of clinical experience in Family Medicine, with two years as a core faculty member in an ACGME-Accredited Family Medicine Residency Program.
- Dedicate at least 70 percent of his or her time (at least 28 hours per week or 1400 hours per year) to program administration, evaluation, teaching, resident precepting, and scholarship. Time spent in direct patient care without the presence of residents must not be included in the 1400 hours per year total.
- Be board certified by the American Board of Family Medicine or other relevant certification.
- Must be appointed in good standing to the Conway Regional Medical Staff.
- Have unrestricted credentials within the Department of Family Medicine of Conway Regional and be licensed to practice medicine by the State of Arkansas.
- Demonstrate clinical competence as a practicing physician.
- Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations are strongly preferred.