- Position Type
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Los Angeles, California
The new Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital (MLKCH) serves 1.35 million residents from all over South Los Angeles. The 131-bed hospital provides general acute care and features a 29-bed emergency department, critical care unit, and labor and delivery services. It includes radiology imaging services, Anesthesia, General, Orthopaedic & Vascular surgery, ENT, as well as additional hospital-based services that are most-needed in the community.
- On call services include: General surgery, Neurology, Gynecology, Orthopedics (including spine), Pulmonary, and Reconstructive surgery.
- Census is around 16-18 patients per hospitalist
- Bedside ultrasound
- Intensivist program (12hr day shifts/12hr night shifts)
- Will have 6 hospitalists during day shifts (12hr shifts)
- Will have 2 hospitalists during night shifts (12hr shifts)
- 24 hours of ICU coverage but must be comfortable doing rapid responses/codes
- NP/PA coverage
- California Medical License
- Board Certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Team oriented/strong communication skills
- Ability to work well with nursing staff
About the Community:
MLK, Jr. Community Hospital is located in the medically underserved Second District of the County of Los Angeles. Los Angeles offers a multitude of cultural and entertainment options. Choose from the Hollywood Bowl, Greek Theater, Huntington Library or Getty Museum. The hospital is located just 10 miles from Downtown, LAX airport and several beaches.
Physicians are independent contractors and are given base rates with the opportunity to earn productivity pay at specific sites. VEP provides independent contractors with flexible schedules, and paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage. Physicians also enjoy the benefit of becoming a shareholder after 150 hours worked which allows them to be actively involved in the governance of the company. Shareholders have the option of participating in VEP's 401(k) plan and short-term & long-term disability plans.
Apply for Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly