Pediatric Pulmonology - Blank Children's Hospital - Des Moines
- Position Type
Physician shall serve as faculty to the Residency Program under the supervision of the Pediatric Residency Program Director and provide a mix of educational, administrative, and clinical services.
- Participate in teaching during the day to day activities of your practice. Participate in educational conferences related to these activities as requested by the Pediatric Residency Program Director ("Program Director").
- Attend pediatric faculty meetings.
- Participate in faculty committee meetings as requested by program director.
- Give resident lectures and Grand Rounds as assigned by program director.
- Accept residents for monthly required and elective rotations in your specialty practice.
- Complete monthly evaluations of house officers and medical students in a timely manner and discuss these evaluations with residents and students as appropriate.
- Participate in the annual review of the educational goals and objectives for pediatric medicine.
- Conduct clinical bedside teaching and make your patients available to house officers when possible.
- Serve as an advisor to pediatric house officers when requested by program director.
- Participate in medical student lecture series of medical student clinical teaching as requested by program director.
- Attend pediatric teaching conferences including Grand Rounds, journal Club, Morbidity and Mortality conferences and others as requested by program director.
- Assist the program director whenever possible in improving the pediatric residency program by participating in resident recruitment, promoting to patients, families and the public the need for teaching facilities, promotion of Blank Children's Hospital, identifying problems and informing the director of needs when recognized in the residency program, internal evaluation of the residency program, preparation for site visits for residency accreditation.
- Arrange that clinical coverage is provided for your practice at all times
- Assure that consultations are provided and reported in a timely manner.
- Furnish daily data in form specified by Blank Children's Hospital itemizing all Medical Services provided by Physician and any adjustments for which physician is responsible. Assist in providing clinical information necessary to generate patient billings.
- Assist the hospital in the orientation, education, training and evaluation of nonphysician personnel assigned to your specialty practice as requested by the Medical Director.
- Supervise services by nonphysician personnel of Blank Children's Hospital assigned to your Pediatric medicine practice as requested by the Medical Director.
- Supervise residents and medical students in their provision of pediatric services in your Pediatric medicine practice.
- Participate in professional organizations and programs and cooperate with the Hospital in the development of clinical and educational outreach programs to enhance the visibility and acceptance of the Hospital's programs and services.
- Complete administrative paperwork in a timely fashion as requested by Hospital including insurance applications and time studies.
Hold an unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state in which Physician's clinic site is located;
4.2 Obtain and continuously maintain membership in good standing on the medical staff of such hospitals as may reasonably be determined by the Board of Directors of UPHDM with applicable clinical privileges commensurate with Physician's responsibilities under this Agreement;
4.3 Hold unrestricted state and federal authority to prescribe and administer all drugs and pharmaceutical agents necessary or appropriate to the practice of medicine in general and to Physician's specialty in particular;
4.4 Be eligible to provide medical services covered under Titles XVIII and XIX of the Social Security Act;
4.5 Be board certified in Physician's specialty or be board eligible and making satisfactory progress toward board certification;
4.6 Be eligible for coverage under professional liability insurance or self-insurance programs maintained by UPHDM pursuant to such standards as are applicable to physician employees of UPHDM; and
4.7 Subject to short term illness or disability, be physically, mentally, and emotionally fit to discharge the responsibilities.
Apply for Pediatric Pulmonology - Blank Children's Hospital - Des Moines
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly