- Position Type
Fantastic opportunity in Florida to help our Veterans! (Intensivist)
Relocation/Recruitment incentives are authorized.
- The Bay Pines VAHCS is seeking experienced Surgical Intensivists.
- Primary responsibility is for patient care while leading a team of caregivers who are experts in different specialties. Surgical Intensivists will oversee the many
- decisions involved with critically ill patient care and coordinates all the other services for optimal results.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Preferred Experience: Board eligible or certified in surgical critical care. Board certified/eligible in medical (nonsurgical) critical care will also be considered.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with on-call duties on the weekend, night and holiday coverage as necessary. Work schedule is flexible based on patient care needs.
Click on this link to take a look at some of the benefits of helping our Veterans and working with the VA! https://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.
Florida residents enjoy no state tax and a lower cost of living than the US average. Check out this cost of living calculator to find out how much further you money will go by moving to Florida; http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/savings/moving-cost-of-living-calculator.aspx.
Let me know if you would like more information or to be considered for this opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Apply for Surgical Intensivist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly