Gastroenterology ACGME Program Director - Columbus
- Position Type
OhioHealth Doctors Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, is hiring an ACGME Program Director – Gastroenterology Physician to join a well-established and successful team.
- The Program Director must have at least 5 years of experience as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited (or AOA accredited) Internal Medicine residency program or GI fellowship program
- Board Certification/Board Eligible or advanced GI physician
- Must have ABIM certification in gastroenterology
- Dedicate an average of 20 hours per week to the fellowship program (includes supervising clinical work of the fellows and program administration)
- Two current providers on staff with one slated to start in September 2019 (General GI physicians with EUS experience)
- Position created to fulfill high volume needs
- ERCP optional
- Advanced GI physician can expect 80% general and 20% ERCP/EUS
- Each physician will have the support of a medical assistant, physician assistant and dedicated office specialists
- Case mix: EGD, Colonoscopy, ERCP, Flex Sigmoidoscopy, Enteroscopy, PEG, Capsule
- Very collegial and collaborative environment
- New physician will be in OhioHealth Doctors Hospital and possibly OhioHealth Grove City Methodist Hospital (10 minutes south of Doctors Hospital)
- Call 1:4
- Typical procedure days: 15-18 on a full-day and 6 on a half-day
- Dedicated endoscopy with a CRNA for the majority of procedures
- Uses MAC anesthesia for procedures
- Eight new state-of-the-art exam rooms
Enjoy the stability of employment along with highly competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, relocation assistance, and student loan reimbursement.
Partnering for Healthcare Excellence Today and in the Future
Today’s complex healthcare environment requires physicians and hospitals to work together to achieve excellence in clinical quality, patient safety and service quality. One of the ways we achieve that kind of partnership is through the OhioHealth Physician Group (OPG), a medical group of OhioHealth physicians, advanced practice providers and associates.
We value the expertise of our strong physician network. We seek out your ideas for improving the patient experience and implement them. It’s one of the reasons why we are regularly ranked in the top 10 percent of Press Ganey’s hospital experience survey, which measures physician engagement and satisfaction.
You can contribute to a culture that has repeatedly made OhioHealth one of the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For.” And you can collaborate with MD Anderson Cancer Network-certified physicians, use telemedicine to seek the real-time advice of experts across the system, be a part of our state-of-the-art Neuroscience facility, Level 1 Trauma Center or Primary Stroke Center, or find your fit in any of our ambulatory or specialized care sites across the central region of the state.
We Never Stop Learning
At OhioHealth, we want to do more than support the careers of our physicians — we want to grow their talents and help them reach their highest aspirations. We see your education not as an expense, but as a strategic investment in the health system.
We know growth isn’t limited to just education, so we rely on the voices and leadership of our physicians. We have Clinical Guidance Councils, a Physician Diversity Workforce Group, and the OhioHealth Physicians Leadership Institute to help you help you lead, grow and innovate in all facets of your career.
We Want to Talk About Your Future
Columbus is one of the top locations in the country for young professionals, with a mix of big-city amenities and small-town affordability. OhioHealth offers a wide range of professional experiences in communities throughout central and southeast Ohio, giving you the opportunity to find the perfect fit for your family and your career.
Apply for Gastroenterology ACGME Program Director - Columbus
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly