Chief Physician Executive
- Position Type
Chief Physician Executive
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
This role is focused on the evolution and transformation of ambulatory practice for Rutgers Health faculty practice at University Hospital. The Rutgers Chief Physician Executive shall be expected to devote eighty percent (80%) of his or her time each month to the operations and performance management of faculty-based ambulatory clinical care delivery. This portion of the position shall encompass a dyad partnership with the VP of Ambulatory Operations which shall include significant daily communication between both parties. The remaining twenty percent (20%) of his or her time shall be devoted to clinical delivery in a Rutgers office-based practice.
STRATEGIC INTENT OF ROLE:
The Chief Physician Executive will evolve the delivery of ambulatory care services in partnership with the hospital executive with the following strategic aims:
- Build a leading ambulatory practice
- Develop and deploy best practices and standards in clinical and operational care delivery across traditionally siloed clinical departments
- Create relationships with department chairs and faculty members such that change management is effective
- Build centralized services to support ambulatory practice (e.g., call center)
- Inform the clinical supply of physicians so faculty recruiting can be addressed
- Foster care coordination and develop programs for effective transition from inpatient to ambulatory
- Improve the overall patient experience
- Create a high-functioning dyad ambulatory leadership structure between NJMS and UH
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Doctoral Degree (MD or DO), New Jersey State Medical Licensure, and board certified in their primary medical discipline. At least five (5) years experience leading a large multi-specialty group practice or health-system employed practice.
- Expertise and interest in quality improvement and patient relations in a complex health care environment is required. Demonstrated computer competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) is required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required. Ability to work independently with little supervision in a fast-paced environment is essential. Must maintain confidentiality regarding work assignments.
- Ability to work additional hours periodically for certain assignments is required. Equivalent education, experience, and/or training may be substituted for the degree requirements.
All interested candidates apply through this site or http://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/87697
Apply for Chief Physician Executive
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly