- Position Type
Excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group, LLC is seeking professional, experienced Certified Anesthesiologist to provide coverage at The Department of Veterans Affairs, (VAMC) White River Junction, VT.
- Provide clinical services including: Performs pre-operative and pre-procedural anesthetic risk assessment. Evaluation includes obtaining a relevant history, performing a physical exam, reviewing vital signs, lab values, and all other relevant diagnostic studies prior to surgery. Appropriate notes are written in the patient’s medical record.
- Provide direct anesthesia services including the administration of anesthetic agents, performance of procedures including but not limited to peripheral IV placement, arterial catheter placement, central venous catheter placement, and placement of related invasive and non-invasive monitoring devices.
- Provide inpatient and outpatient face-to-face consultations and e-consultations as requested.
- Provide direct general and regional anesthetic care and supervises Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) in the provision of anesthesia team care.
- Provide patient care in the Operating Room, PACU, Intensive Care Unit, Pain Clinic, IR suite, GI suite, Emergency Department and other locations as required.
- Provide objective information regarding risks and benefits of relevant anesthetic treatments and securing the informed consent of the patient, legal guardian or next of kin prior to administering said treatments.
- Work effectively with patients, families, co-workers, and other health care professionals treating them with respect and dignity.
- Provide patient care which is appropriate to the cognitive, emotional, and chronological maturation needs of the adult and/or geriatric patient. He/she must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the Surgical Service.
- Perform emergency services when notified. Emergency operations may be performed at WRJ VAMC during non-business hours subject to the availability of necessary professional, technical and supply support.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge of the changes associated with aging and possess the ability to provide care based upon age-related factors as specified on the competency assessment checklist.
- Use the best available procedures and to perform them at or above national statistical levels.
- Regular day shift from 6:30 am to 3:00 pm. Sometimes weekend or night shifts required
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- American Board of Anesthesiology Certification (Required)
- Completion of approved Residency in Anesthesia
- PALS Certification (Required)
- ACLS Certification (Required)
Posterity Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Apply for Certified Anesthesiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly