Emergency Medicine Physicians- Teach, heal, and serve our veterans!
University of Maryland Emergency Medicine is seeking passionate full-time and part-time academic BE/BC Emergency Medicine physicians to serve our nation s veterans at the Baltimore VA Medical Center.
Our emergency medicine physicians are faculty members of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, one of the most prominent medical schools in the nation. Our affiliation with the medical school offers physicians an abundance of academic opportunities ranging from clinical research initiatives to lecture opportunities.
Expected rank is Assistant Professor or higher, however, rank and tenure status is dependent on candidate s qualifications
What you will find at the Baltimore VA Medical Center:
- Level III trauma center
- Advanced airway equipment including video laryngoscopes (GlideScope)
- Bedside ultrasound machines
- Full team of in-house physicians representing all specialties
- A primary rotation site for UMMC emergency medicine and internal medicine residents
- Annual patient volume of 32,000
- 11 ED beds
- 130 inpatient beds
- 42 hours physician coverage / 24 hours midlevel coverage
What you can expect from University of Maryland Emergency Medicine:
- Competitive annual salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Generous paid vacation, sick time, holidays and personal days
- Tax-free tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan 401(k) with employer match
- Annual stipend for CME, licenses, dues to professional organizations, etc.
The Baltimore VA Medical Center, located in downtown Baltimore, adjacent to the University of Maryland Medical Center, is surrounded by educational, cultural, and recreational sites. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, M&T Stadium, and the Inner Harbor are all within walking distance.
UMB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Physicians- Teach, heal, and serve our veterans!
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly