Chair of Hospital Medicine
- Position Type
Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene is seeking a strong physician-leader to serve as Chair, Hospital Medicine. This pivotal position will guide an 18-member team of discreet day hospitalists, nocturnists, and associate providers committed to delivering quality patient care. A growing regional referral center with 1,400 employees, Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene is an integral partner in the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health system. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including relocation assistance.
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Eligible for a State of New Hampshire medical license
The successful candidate will be:
- A goal-oriented and strategic leader who can collaborate across departments throughout the hospital and clinic, as well as with regional partners
- A team player who can focus on multiple projects within a growing organization and health system
- A relationship builder with strong communication skills who can nurture key partnerships throughout the hospital and clinic
- A process improvement advocate and influencer
- Certification in leadership is encouraged, such as an advanced degree (ex. MHA, MBA, MPH), SHM Leadership Academy, or AAPL Certificate in Leadership
Hospital Medicine at Cheshire Medical Center/Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene:
- Clinical shifts flex between 10-hour to 12-hour shifts
- Census - 12-15 patients per physician
- 16 Progressive Care Unit beds
- Open ICU, 10 acute beds with Tele-ICU services and collaboration with Pulmonary/Critical Care physicians
- Epic EMR, fully integrated with Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Dedicated floor social workers, home care coordinators and case managers
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene and Cheshire Medical Center
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Keene is a 150-physician and associate provider multi-specialty community practice and division of the Dartmouth Hitchcock Health system. This diverse group of professionals is committed to quality and patient safety, continuous process improvement and clinical measurement. The Clinic is a nationally recognized leader in population health and patient-centered medical home. It is innovative and collaborative in its use of integrative medicine, value-based care, accountable-care models and electronic medical records. It is also the largest community practice in the 650+ physician Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health system, including the academic medical center and the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth located in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
The jointly-affiliated hospital, Cheshire Medical Center, is a 169-bed, Level III community hospital. It is only the 14th hospital ever to be named an American Hospital Association “Living the Vision” awardee (2013) and is a recent past recipient of the New Hampshire Healthcare Business of the Decade.
The City of Keene
Keene (population 24,000) is a college town in the beautiful Monadnock Region of southwestern New Hampshire. The city of Keene has a classic New England downtown with varied opportunities for shopping, dining, and an active arts community. The city has excellent public and private schools and extracurricular activities, along with a variety of housing options in the city of Keene or small towns surrounding the city. Outdoor recreation opportunities abound, with mountains, lakes, forests, and ski resorts nearby, and Boston and New Hampshire’s Seacoast are just a two-hour drive away.
Please submit CV and cover letter to:
Lisa Minahan, Physician Recruiter
Or apply online:
Dartmouth-Hitchcock is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Chair of Hospital Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly