- Position Type
Join CENTRA’s Pediatric Service Line in Beautiful Lynchburg, Virginia!
We are seeking a board certified/board eligible Pediatrician/Pediatric Hospitalist to join our program in Lynchburg, VA. We provide 24/7, family centered-care to children ages newborn to 18 years of age.
- Diverse mix of cases
- Access to local subspecialists
- Ground and air transport to tertiary care centers to provide full pediatric specialty support
- Dedicated pediatric pod in the Emergency Room
- Flexible scheduling model
Clinical duties include:
- Management of pediatric admissions
- Newborn care (but no delivery coverage)
- Provide pediatric consultations to the Emergency Room, to Child & Adolescent Psychiatric services, and to other specialties and community providers
- Education of FM residents, Medical students, PA students, and Allied Health professionals
- Participate in strategic quality and growth initiatives for service line
Physician benefits include:
- Commencement bonus
- Relocation assistance
- Educational loan repayment program
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits
- CME reimbursement
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible
CENTRA is a not-for-profit community healthcare system based in Lynchburg, VA. Some of our many awards and accolades include:
- Magnet 2nd redesignation for excellence in nursing
- A 100 Top Cardiovascular Hospital in America six times
- Top 100 Most Wired and Top 25 Wireless hospitals in the country
- The Joint Commission’s national Certificate of Distinction for Primary Stroke Centers
- Centra Lynchburg General Hospital is a Level II Trauma Center
- Baby Friendly designation for Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital
Lynchburg is located just east of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Here you will find a lively downtown area, an excellent selection of restaurants, an abundance of outdoor activities, and rich history. Lynchburg offers an affordable cost of living and a variety of public and private school options.
In central Virginia you will also find easy access to major metropolitan areas such as Washington, DC (3 hours), Richmond, VA (2 hours), Raleigh-Durham, NC (2.5 hours) and Virginia beaches (3.5 hours).
Among the many accolades the Lynchburg region has earned:
- Best Places for Business and Careers – Forbes
- Top Places to Live – CNN Money
- Top Places to Retire – Forbes
- Top Adventure Towns – National Geographic
- America’s Best High Schools –Newsweek
- Top Best-Value Cities – Kiplinger.com
Looking for a peaceful, stress-reduced environment? Then, search no further than Lynchburg—a place to live, a way to live.
Apply for Pediatrician/Pediatric Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly