- Position Type
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Rheumatologist to join a new rheumatology practice located at Franciscan Physician Network Coolspring Health Center in Michigan City, IN. With outreach to our location at Franciscan Physician Network Omni Health Center located in Chesterton, IN.
WHAT WE NEED:
Ideal candidate will have a strong focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills and desire to develop strong ties with the community and build long-lasting relationships with patients. Physician will need to work collaboratively to coordinate and deliver the highest quality of patient care.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Schedule: Monday – Friday; 36 hours of patient contact per week
- Weekday, Weekend and Holiday Call: 1:2
- Outpatient Average Volume: 20 patients per day
- Average inpatient volume: 1 – 3
- Common Diagnoses:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Onsite Equipment:
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health’s hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes over 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers.
With 14 hospitals, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence. Franciscan Health takes pride in providing compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous start-up and retention bonuses; relocation allowance
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at email@example.com or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Michigan City is located in beautiful LaPorte County, IN. Located 1 hour southeast of downtown Chicago, a 40 minute drive to Michigan and 2.5 hours north of downtown Indianapolis. Home to the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Michigan City has a small city, rural and suburban feel that offers affordable cost of living with excellent school options including private and public schools.
- Population: Michigan City = 31,157 Laporte County = 110,884
- Michigan City offers many ascetically appeasing historic buildings.
- Lake Michigan is at your doorstep with swimming, fishing, boating and many other water activities.
- Visit downtown Michigan City for shopping, restaurants and a great sunset over Lake Michigan.
- Diverse employment base with good commercially-insured base of employees
- Outdoors Activities available:
- Charter boats
- Close proximity to Chicago and Michigan
- Located proximal to several Indiana State Parks including Indiana Dunes
- Enjoy 26 miles of Michigan City’s bike trail
- Boating, canoeing and kayaking on your own or with a guided group
- Fishing on Lake Michigan
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Enjoy the nature trails in Michigan City at Heron Rookery, Mount Baldy or Pinhook Bog
- Hunting opportunities available in the region
- Play a round of Golf at Michigan City’s golf courses
- Chance lady luck at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel and Spa
- Enjoy local breweries and eats
Apply for Physician (Rheumatology)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly