Physician II OB-GYN
- Position Type
Be part of an excellent care team: At La Clínica, you will be able to provide primary care in both inpatient and outpatient settings, allowing you to practice full scope obstetrical and gynecological medicine. As an OB/GYN physician at La Clinica, you would be joining a large primary care practice that includes a group of 7 OB/GYNs as well as FPs, CNM, pediatricians, internists, NPs, and PAs. Our prenatal program delivers over 1000 patients/year at Alta Bates Medical Center (which currently delivers 7,000 patients/year and has a level 3 NICU), and our providers attend those deliveries. You will deliver care to a resilient patient population that is ethnically diverse and medically complex, with the aim of achieving optimal health outcomes for every patient. We attract and retain engaged staff by supporting providers in their pursuits of a meaningful role and offering opportunities in mentorship, quality initiatives and preceptorships. La Clínica is committed to continued physician education; we hold monthly county-wide and site level provider education meetings which include morbidity and mortality case presentations and other specific topics of interest. You will do this work alongside energetic comrades who are dedicated to an exceptional patient experience just as they are committed to health innovation and delivery of quality care. As a physician, you will be surrounded by a collaborative care team that is invested in your success and shares ownership of tasks to help improve your efficiency as a provider. We offer robust perks including educational leave plus stipend, license reimbursement, H1 visa sponsorship, FTCA malpractice coverage, and flexible work schedules. In addition, we are a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) approved site for tax free loan repayment. Our clinics are located in the thriving Bay Area known for its cultural diversity, beautiful weather, highly sought after schools and year-round recreational activities.
Major Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Deliver evidenced based care that supports our aim for improved health outcomes, exceptional patient experience and efficient use of resources.
- Perform prenatal, intra-partum and post-partum and gynecological medical care and initiating referrals to specialists as medically indicated
- Share day and after hours call with the primary care group and other OB-GYN's to assure 24 hour obstetric and emergency gynecological services
- Share oversight of the inpatient OB management and care provided by Certified Nurse Midwives and Family Practice physicians
- Prescribe medications, treatments or therapies and order medical diagnostic or clinical tests
- Deliver well and chronic disease care with cultural humility to a diverse patient population of all ages.
- Have flexibility in meeting patients' needs, and participating in the call pool and rotational Saturday clinics.
- Develop a positive rapport with patients and families to foster the physician/patient relationship.
Collaboration & Mentorship
- Serve as a member of the team of primary care providers in the outpatient setting
- Serve as a member of the cross-functional team of providers, consulting with mid-levels on the assessment, management and treatment of complicated cases, chart review, co-signing, and case conferences.
- Suggest improvements for clinic flow, patient scheduling and service delivery, and collaborate professionally with interdisciplinary team members, including providers, health educators, medical assistants, registered nurses, and case managers.
- Provide direction to medical assistants regarding patient care as needed.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Health Record programs such as NextGen or Epic.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat diseases and ailments. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- High degree of interpersonal competence with both staff and patients, and thorough knowledge of evidence based care
- Cultural competence working in diverse/low income communities
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively complex patient profiles, and maintain good working relationships with other staff
- Must have the physical stamina to function effectively in a position that involves heavy lifting (50lbs)
- Ability to work courteously and effectively as a team member to support the quality/efficiency standards established for the clinic; work independently; exercise good judgment; communicate effectively orally and in writing, make and thorough manner with speed and accuracy with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to accept changes gracefully
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various ethnic, socio-economic, educational and life experience
- Ability to keep accurate and clear records of patient information
- Top-notch time management skills and evidence based approaches to medical care
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
Experience and Other Certifications
- MD/DO degree from a recognized University, one to two years of experience working in primary care clinic setting
- Previous experience/training in providing comprehensive OB/Gyn care, including abnormal pap management (including colposcopy and LEEP), full scope contraception, and basic OB sonography
- Requires board certification in Obstetrics & Gynecology. In the absence of a board certification, candidate must be board eligible and become board certified within 4 years of employment
- Requires valid California license and DEA
Apply for Physician II OB-GYN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly