- Position Type
In this position you will function as an Anesthesiologist at Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune. The selectee will provide anesthesia to pediatric and adult patients for surgical, medical, and diagnostic procedures in and out of the operating room, providing pre-operative medical care for these patients.
This announcement uses the OPM Federal Wide direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
- You will administer anesthesia and manage the medical care of patients before, during, and after surgery.
- You will supervise, instruct, and evaluate performance of medical and paramedical personnel in anesthesia, respiratory, and critical care.
- You will provide pain relief and maintenance, or restoration of a stable condition during and immediately following an operation, or obstetric, therapeutic, or diagnostic procedure.
- You will determine the type of anesthetics to be used; administer general and local anesthetics.
- You will independently conduct research efforts in the advancement of Anesthesiology.
- You will rovide advisory and consultative services to medical review board members in developing new medical standards/policies.
- You will serve as an active participant in the education of resident physicians and student nurse anesthetists.
- You will participate in continuous improvement programs and processes.
Travel Required - Not required
Conditions Of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- Must receive and maintain appropriate vaccination(s) and immunizations.
- You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 03/12/2019 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Depending on staffing needs a 2nd cut-off date may be used
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
- DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. If your Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree is from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States, you must have a permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), a Fifth Pathway Certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduated education in a foreign country, or successfully completed the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.
- LICENSING: Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
RESIDENCY: 5 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Anesthesiology (e.g., 4 yrs. Residency & 1 year fellowship, experience or other training). Your resume must reflect you have a sufficient level of expertise in Anesthesiology to perform the core privileges of this position. This will include : providing sedation and general anesthesia to neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients for surgical, medical, and diagnostic procedures in and out of the operating room; and providing a high level of care for patients experiencing problems with acute, chronic pain for patients with multiple complicated problems.
Applicants must also be able to satisfy clinical privileges requirements which, in addition to the above, includes the following:
- Completion of a residency program in the specialty approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible.
- Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice as an Anesthesiologist within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required).
- No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges.
- Board certification is desired but not required.
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR: This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factor is: possession of Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification and an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification. Failure to document the current certifications in your resume or application documents will result in an ineligible rating.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
Recruitment incentives may be authorized to eligible new hires.
Work requires extensive walking, standing, stretching, lifting, transporting and bending in caring for patients; the ability to influence confused patients regarding their care, and physically control or defend against emotionally ill or confused patients. Work is performed in a health care setting where there is contagious disease, radiation, and infection. Gloves, gowns, and masks are frequently necessary.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Background checks and security clearance required. Drug test required.
How to Apply: This is the fastest way! Please email your resume (no pictures or SSN, please) including beginning and ending dates, month and year, a detail description of duties performed for all experiences directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and insert vacancy number JAMA10429146 in the subject line.
To learn more about the job, please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/525113000
Apply for PHYSICIAN (ANESTHESIOLOGY)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly