BC/BE Emergency Physician - Ayer, MA
- Position Type
Steward Health Care, Nashoba Valley Medical Center, Ayer, MA
Nashoba Valley Medical Center is a 16,000 visit/year community ED located within minutes of the I-495/Rte 2 junction, in Ayer, MA. We are a single coverage facility with available backup in the case of volume/acuity surge, and 4-hour mid-level coverage weekdays; working 7, 8, and 9 hour length shifts. A collegial medical staff, friendly working relationship with nurses, and grateful patient population make it a real treat to work here.
Other features that make this a great place include:
- Modern/Renovated ED
- Easy to use EMR with Dragon dictation, and Script RX for discharge instructions.
- No oral contrast for Abdominal CT scans is required.
- Virtually no inpatient boarding, patients usually go to inpatient unit within 60 minutes.
- One of the shortest wait times and length of stay in the state.
- Among the highest patient satisfaction scores in the country.
- Democratic on-line scheduling system with flexibility as most group members work partial FTE.
- There are two dedicated night physicians which means very few night shifts, unless night shifts are desired.
- As part of the Steward network, tertiary specialist consults and transfers are easily arranged, with patients usually transferred quickly from our ED to an inpatient bed.
- There is a 24-hour in-house hospitalist, and e-ICU virtual intensivist program.
- Tele-neurologist consults immediately available.
The area is beautiful and affordable, straddling the transition from rural farmland/woodlands, to lively towns filled with all of life’s conveniences. Nearby communities offer some of the best school systems in the country. There is a commuter rail to Boston, currently undergoing upgrades, which will have you downtown in under 45 minutes, or a similar drive time down route 2/I-495. Worcester and New Hampshire are 30 minutes away.
We are currently seeking BC/BE applicants for a half to full-time staff position (1504 hrs/year is full time), as well as moonlighters. Malpractice can be provided for moonlighters, and differential is paid for weekend shifts. Compensation is very competitive. Staff benefits are comprehensive and include 401k with match, 2/6 mil malpractice, long term disability, life insurance, medical/dental insurance, CME and professional expense reimbursement, deferred compensation plan, and very generous and easily achievable incentive bonus.
All inquiries will remain confidential.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To view current physician opportunities and to apply online visit: www.stewardphysicians.org
Apply for BC/BE Emergency Physician - Ayer, MA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly