PRN OB/GYN Physician (Outpatient)
- Position Type
Requirements: Board eligibility (active candidacy) or certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology and the completion of an appropriate residency program. Completion of Medical Doctorate (MD) or Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) is required.
We are seeking a PRN OB/GYN Physician to join our team of OB/GYN Physicians who practice at VHC's Alexandria outpatient facility with rotation to our Hospital in Arlington for inpatient coverage as well. We have an immediate need for coverage during the next several months. The position may includes opportunities to also work as an OBGYN Hospitalist.
- There is a full-time gynecologic oncologist, as well as robotic and laparoscopic surgeons to assist and refer to when necessary.
- As a VHC PG doctor, you will enjoy the benefits of being a hospital employee and part of a multispecialty group comprised of 100+ members including Primary Care Physicians and a wide range of specialists.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills are required as well as the desire to be part of a team that functions at the highest level.
- Our nationally recognized hospital and team of doctors pride themselves on providing evidence-based, high quality, high standard and empathetic care.
- We provide malpractice coverage and promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Click here to learn more about VHC, or click on this link to visit our websitehttps://www.vhcphysiciangroup.com/careers/for-physicians/.
- Our hospital environment is one of clinical excellence.
- As a hospital-employed physician you will have the full support of the administration including John R. Garrett, MD, FACS, Director of Physician Operations for VHC Physician Group, VHC's Chief of Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, and Chairman of the Virginia Hospital Center Health System's Board of Directors.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- Earning the 2016 Top Hospital award from the Leapfrog Group for excellence in hospital safety and quality for the second year in a row, VHC consistently achieves the highest levels of patient satisfaction.
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- VHC is the largest Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2016, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is a 350-bed, all-private room Hospital.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.
Apply for PRN OB/GYN Physician (Outpatient)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly