Chair, Department of Hospital Medicine
- Position Type
Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, Louisiana is searching for a Chairman of our Department of Hospital Medicine to join a highly motivated team committed to providing the best inpatient experience possible.
What we seek:
- Board-Certified Internist at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent clinician with proven leadership, team building, management experience and a strong academic background
- Experience as a current Chair or Assistant Chair of a similarly sized program. Must have related track record of success in: building, or assisting in building, a significant Hospitalist program, leading and mentoring a larger group of hospitalist physicians, engaged with quality and process department improvement, problem solving, financial performance (understanding and improvements), relationship building across disciplines, education and academic endeavors, and involvement in specialty organizations at the local, regional and national levels
- An interest in geriatrics is strongly desired as we are expanding our skilled nursing and long term acute care facilities
Compensation & Benefits:
- Benefits include an equitable and clearly delineated compensation plan
- Paid malpractice coverage and a favorable malpractice environment in Louisiana
- Tax-free spending accounts
- Generous retirement benefits (401k, 403b, deferred compensation plans)
- CME allowance.
Department & Facility Highlights:
- Department of Hospital Medicine includes 40 physicians and 15 advanced practice providers who divide their time between providing direct patient care in a tertiary care environment, teaching medical students and medicine residents, and participating in clinical research.
- Our staff members practice with a comfortable work schedule consistent with group size and location, quality time to care for 10-15 patients per day, and Epic as our integrated electronic medical record system.
- Attentive systemwide hospital medicine and dyadic administrative leadership focuses on professional development and supports active participation in hospital quality and academic committees and projects.
- The Department of Hospital Medicine is a system service line and at OMC has played an integral part in Ochsner receiving the US News and World Report in 3 medical specialties, and in being named to Thomson Reuters top 15 major teaching hospitals in the United States.
- The department actively participates in the Society of Hospital Medicine, and we co-host the annual Southern Hospital Medicine Conference with Emory University.
- Ochsner has recently become a medical school in partnership with the University of Queensland Australia (32nd world ranking) providing clinical training to its own upper level medical students. All faculty are eligible for an academic appointment from the Ochsner Clinical School.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.For more information and to apply Click Here
All interested applicants should submit their CV for review to Mark Morrison, Director, Professional Staff Services at email@example.com.
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities available.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Chair, Department of Hospital Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly