BC/BE PEDIATRIC PHYSIATRIST
- Position Type
The position provides opportunity to be involved with the following:
- Management of CP, SCI, TBI, stroke, neuromuscular disorders
- Spasticity management: Botox and phenol injections, Balclofen pump management, etc.
- Musculoskeletal pediatric medicine and sports medicine
- Orthotics/prosthetic/DME prescription
- Potential for pediatric EMG/NCS evaluation
- Work in a collegial environment with other pediatric subspecialists in neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, developmental medicine and genetics, among others
- Multidisciplinary environment within a Children's Developmental Center
- Participation in Ochsner's well-developed concussion management program and other multidisciplinary programs including spinal bifida, and cerebral palsy clinics
- Potential for involvement (including as Medical Director) in the initiation and development of an 8-10 bed inpatient Peds PM&R unit within the newly built Ochsner Rehabilitation Hospital
Ochsner Hospital for Children has been ranked among the top 50 children’s hospitals in the country for pediatric gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery specialties in the 2018-19 U.S. News and World Report Best Children’s Hospitals rankings. It is also the only children’s hospital in Louisiana or Mississippi ever recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a specialty top 50 in pediatric heart care and has now been ranked by USNWR for 2 years in a row!
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Ochsner serves a wide variety of patients across the region with clinics at the main pediatric ambulatory facility in New Orleans. At our main campus Ochsner has a 113-pediatric bed unit, spread across inpatient, PICU, CVICU, and Level IV NICU. Ochsner has a very robust liver transplant service and is the only center in Louisiana that offers pediatric liver transplants. We have an orthopaedic surgery residency program with 3 residents a year. We also have medical students from the University of Queensland/Ochsner program. We have a rapidly growing pediatric orthopaedic research program that is well supported.
New Orleans, one of the most exciting and vibrant cities in America, offers multiple universities and academic centers, professional sports teams, world-class dining, a variety of cultural interests, and renowned live entertainment and music.For more information and to apply Click Here
Sorry, no opportunities for J-1 applications.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for BC/BE PEDIATRIC PHYSIATRIST
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly