- Position Type
Pediatric Surgeon for Goryeb Children’s Hospital -Morristown Medical Center.
The position will have a combination of clinical and resident teaching responsibilities. Atlantic Health System, headquartered in Morristown, New Jersey and one of the largest non-profit health care systems in the state. Goryeb Children’s Hospital is a state-designated “Children’s Hospital” – an earned recognition from New Jersey and the national Children’s Hospital Association. With more than 250 community pediatricians on staff and more than 100 board-certified pediatric specialists, we’re northern New Jersey’s leading specialized pediatric hospital. We are affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University and work closely with residents and the teaching faculty.
- Develop priorities for delivery of pediatric surgical services at each of the hospitals in the Atlantic Health System
- . Evaluate students, residents, and, when appropriate, ancillary staff performance.
- Review and revise, with appropriate administrative input, guidelines for standards of care in pediatric surgery, in compliance with JCAHO requirements, and which ensure current clinical practice standards.
- Contribute to quality patient outcome or assurance compliance as set forth by Atlantic Health System, the Departments of Surgery and Pediatrics or other designated group or agency.
- Maintain relationships with peers at educational institutions and academic medical centers in order to maintain quality in resident and student education.
- Facilitate, when possible and appropriate, clinical research in the field of pediatric surgery.
- Facilitate the verification of Morristown Medical Center as a pediatric trauma center.
- Participate in the review and development of the pediatric and surgical residencies and recommend changes to improve these programs.
- Actively participate in the clinical and didactic teaching of residents and students, and participate in the evaluation process of trainees.
- Participate in the review of resident applicants.
- Participate in appropriate professional societies.
- With the assistance of the departmental chairs, obtain appropriate academic appointment through the New Jersey Medical School.
- Attend and participate in pediatric and surgical grand rounds, conferences and business meetings.
- Participate in community education and scientific programs as may be delegated or assigned by the Morristown Medical Center Chairman of Surgery.
1. Establish protocols for the care of pediatric patients, as appropriate, through the AHS system.
2. Assume primary appointments at Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center with adherence to the medical staff bylaws for departmental and staff meetings at these hospitals.
3. Provide consultations to attending physicians and patients throughout the AHS system.
4. Provide second call coverage with appropriate back-ups and scheduled relief for the Morristown Medical Center trauma program.
5. Work collaboratively with the pediatric emergency room at Morristown Medical Center and Overlook Medical Center.
6. Provide consultations to non-AHS hospitals, as appropriate, with the approval of the Morristown Medical Center Chairman of Surgery (or designate by Chairman of Surgery).
7. The physician shall use and endorse the use of all of the Hospital’s automated systems, as appropriate and achieve 90% utilization of CPOM.