Physician (Occupational Medicine)
- Position Type
You will serve as an Occupational Medicine Physician at the Naval Branch Hospital Clinic, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, WA. The selectee applies professional medical knowledge to deal constructively with the health of employees in relations to their work (i.e., protecting employees against health hazards; ensuring the suitable placement of individuals, mental and emotional makeup; and assuring adequate medical care and rehabilitation of the occupationally ill and injured.)
- Exercise clinical knowledge and skills to provide medical care to employees suffering from occupationally injury or disease as well as follow-up medical care and physical examinations.
- Participate in the provision for limited medical services to employees for non-occupational conditions.
- Perform a wide variety of medical treatment procedures (e.g. emergency treatment in cases of serious illness or injury, life-saving emergency procedures to stabilize a patient sufficiently to transport to a hospital facility, etc.).
- Assess and records health status of patients, interprets results of diagnostic studies, and instructs and counsels patients.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE ANNOUNCEMENT. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Direct Hire Authority, authorized by 5 United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 3304 and 5 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 337, Subpart B. Veterans Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to the Direct Hire process.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
- DEGREE:Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada that is accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time my degree was obtained. (Note - A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must provide education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination. AND I possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. AND I have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training. (Note - graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada).
- LICENSING: Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- RESIDENCY: 3 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Occupational Medicine (i.e., 3 yrs. Residency training or equivalent experience and training). Your resume must reflect that you have sufficient level of expertise in Occupational Medicine to perform the core responsibilities of this position at the GP-12 level.IN ADDITION to the above, satisfy BUMEDs clinical privileging requirements which includes the following:
- Completion of a residency program in the specialty approved by the American specialty board or AOA, board certification, or board eligible.
- Current clinical competence (e.g., privileged to independently practice as an Occupational Medicine Physician within the past 2 years, actively practiced within the past 2 years by having encountered a sufficient number of clinical cases to represent a broad spectrum of the privileges required).
- No health status contraindications to granting clinical privileges.
- Board certification is desired but not required.IN ADDITION to meeting the BASIC Requirements listed above, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications Specialized Experience for GP-13. Your resume must demonstrate at least one or more years of specialized experience. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: This includes, but is not limited to, the following: experience providing comprehensive occupational medical services: comprehensive occupational medicine consultations, evaluations and treatment both initial and follow-up of work related injuries or diseases. (Please include a detailed description of duties under each work experience).
How to Apply
Your complete application (resume, assessment questionnaire, and all supporting documents) must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 03/04/2019. Applications received after 03/04/2019 may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. If more than one resume is received, only the last resume received and processed will be reviewed. Send your resume only to medjobs @navy.mil (no SSN or pictures please). Include beginning and ending dates (month/year) of education, residency, fellowship, licensure and a detailed description of duties under each work experience. Insert HC10271400 in your subject line.
To learn more about the position, please visit: https:// www .usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506617300
Apply for Physician (Occupational Medicine)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly