Medical Director Womens Cancer Research
- Position Type
Atlantic Health System is looking to hire a Medical Director-Women's Cancer Research -
Atlantic Health System, headquartered in Morristown, New Jersey is a leading non – profit health-care delivery system in New Jersey. The New Jersey network includes: Morristown Medical Center in Morristown, Overlook Medical Center in Summit, Newton Medical Center in Newton, Chilton Medical center in Pompton Plains, Hackettstown Medical Center in Hackettstown, Goryeb Children’s Hospital in Morristown and Atlantic Rehabilitation and Atlantic Home Care and Hospice.
Atlantic Medical Group is a physician-led and physician-governed organization that delivers the highest quality health care, at the right place, the right price, and the right time. We are a multi-specialty physician group with more than 900 doctors, nurse practitioners and physician assistants at over 300 locations throughout northern and central New Jersey.
Our dedication to providing the highest quality medical care has resulted in our cancer centers and programs earning various awards and accreditations. These include the American College of Surgeons Outstanding Achievement Award for Cancer Care, given to fewer than 15 percent of centers nationwide, and accreditations from the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC
The position based at Morristown Medical Center will establish and lead a Women’s Oncology Research Workgroup, collaboratively including oncology specialty physicians from various disciplines as appropriate (including but not limited to breast surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology and others as indicated) to continuously monitor and assess women’s cancer research program, identify gaps in patient treatment and access, and expand the cancer research program as indicated
- Assist in all quality assurance and utilization review activities that are required by Morristown Medical Center, the Oncology Service Line and Atlantic Medical Group.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Oncology Service Line strategic plan designed to enhance the quality and reputation of women’s cancer research, which shall include goals and objectives relating to the following:
- Create a vision of the programs/services/technologies to be offered
- Strive to achieve top decile performance on quality metrics
- Develop a framework and culture that ensures an exceptional patient experience
- Support efforts to drive to National Recognition by USN&WR for a top 50 Hospital in cancer care.
- Enhance geographic distribution of health care services and support additional practice locations as requested/needed