BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician
- Position Type
Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, Louisiana, is recruiting a BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician to join an expanding team.
Candidates must be board certified or board eligible in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine. Additional board eligibility/board certification in Critical Care Medicine is preferred but not required. Salary offered will commensurate with experience and training.
- 32 bed ICU managed by the Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
- Practice settings include busy inpatient critical care and pulmonary services, along with a thriving referral clinic.
- Candidates will be actively involved as clinical educators who teach medical students, residents, and fellows.
- In addition to teaching responsibilities, there is the opportunity to develop subspecialty referral practices in asthma, interventional pulmonary, thoracic oncology, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, and other end stage lung diseases.
- Section members regularly collaborate with the pulmonary departments at both local medical schools in clinical research, including NIH-funded activities in ARDS and IPF. Faculty appointments are possible for qualified candidates.
- The position offers flexibility and balance among clinical practice, graduate education, and scholarly activity for applicants based upon individual experience levels.
Opportunities exist in New Orleans , including the North and South Shore regions.
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals, and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 70 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 25,000 employees and over 4,500 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, and conducts more than 700 clinical research studies. Ochsner Health System is proud to be a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please visit ochsner.org and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Ochsner is proud to be recognized among the top hospitals in the nation. Ochsner is the only hospital in Louisiana recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in four specialty categories and received high performing ratings in 6 procedures and/or conditions. Additionally, CareChex®, a division of Comparison®, named four Ochsner campuses among the top 10% of hospitals in the nation in 13 specialties. Ochsner was also recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare.For more information and to apply Click Here
Sorry, no J1 visa opportunities.
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for BC/BE Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly