- Position Type
Fairfax OB/GYN Associates, a well established, successful OB/GYN practice in Northern Virginia (Washington, DC Metro Area) seeking a Board certified obstetrician/gynecologist with excellent communication skills and bedside manner to join our team. Our growing practice offers a competitive salary and benefits package, 1 in 4 call schedule and possible partnership opportunities. This is an immediate need.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- The prevention, diagnosis and treatment of general health problems, specific to the female anatomy, such as breast and cervical cancer, urinary tract and pelvic disorders, and hormonal disorders.
- Specialize in childbirth, treating and counseling women throughout their pregnancy, from giving prenatal diagnoses to delivery and postpartum care.
- Monitoring the health of, and treating, both mother and fetus as the pregnancy progresses.
- Examine patients, obtain medical histories, and order, perform and interpret diagnostic tests.
- Counsel patients on diet, hygiene and preventive health care.
- Implement the latest in cutting edge minimally invasive surgical technology in the treatment of benign GYN pathology including: Ectopic pregnancy, pelvic inflammatory disease, ovarian cysts, adhesive disease, infertility, menopause and uterine pathology.
- Diagnose, treat and counsel patients on various different options for pelvic incontinence and structural pathology.
- Making detailed notes as legal documentation of treatment beneficial to other health care providers or professionals.
- Liaising with other non-medical and medical faculty in the office and hospital to guarantee high quality treatment of patients.
- Keeping informed of the latest advances in women's health.
- Working in a method that is reliable with health and safety practices, especially concerning the handling and disposal of bodily fluids and sharps.
Established in 1981, our practice group consists of 5 doctors, 5 midwives and 2 nurse practitioners. We have 4 convenient locations in Northern Virginia.
Apply for OBGYN Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly