Physician - Physiatrist
- Position Type
PeaceHealth is seeking a Physician - Physiatrist based in the Eugene community.
Req ID: 167753
Join our inpatient physiatry team at PeaceHealth!
- Must be a rehab physician
- Admit/consult average of 6 – 8 pts / week
- Round/progress notes on every patient minimum of 3 x / week
- Attend and lead patient team conferences – 4 days/week
- Sign pre-admission screening form (can do online) prior to admissions
- Provide post-admission evaluation w/in the 1st 24 hours of admission (currently done on H&P or consult note)
- Complete an interdisciplinary plan of care w/in 1st 4 days of admission – usually done within first team conference
- Write orders for and manage Rehab-specific needs (bowel/bladder, mobility, etc.)
- Work with Hospitalist team (currently all NPs that are supervised/work with hospitalist providers) – they manage any complex medical issues
- Collaborate with Rehab admissions team to help decide on appropriate admissions to the unit
IP Rehab is part of the Trauma service line, the Neurology/neurosurgery service – especially stroke, Orthopedic service line
The Rehab nursing team is all RN with several certified Rehab nurses.
The therapy team – consists of PT, OT, SLP
Care management – dedicated Social work/Care manager on the unit
Approximately 50% stroke, ~5-10% ortho (bilat total jts, e.g.), multiple trauma, brain injury, spinal cord injury, misc. neuro makes up the rest
Eugene is the second largest city in Oregon and is just 90 minutes south of Portland:
- Also called the 'Emerald City' the city resides in the south end of the Willamette Valley, near the confluence of the McKenzie and Willamette rivers. The city's official slogan “A Great City for the Arts and Outdoors," truly reflects the diverse breath of events in arts and a host of outdoor activities. If you have always wanted big city amenities with small town feel, Eugene is the place for you.
- Eugene is the place for the outdoor enthusiast. With everything from hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, running and water sports, there is no shortage of things to do outside. Check out Spencer's Butte which provides some spectacular views of the city!
- The Hult Center for the Performing Arts features all kinds of entertainment including jazz, opera, ballet, the Eugene symphony and choir. Eugene also has numerous other venues for live music and for live theater.
- Go shopping at the 5th Street Public Market. Spend an afternoon visiting the shops and enjoy a multitude of international cuisine while local musicians provide live entertainment at the market
- Sports fanatic? Eugene is home to the University of Oregon (Mighty Ducks) where you can catch professional, Olympic and collegiate sporting events
- 1 hour away from the city of Florence, situated on the scenic Oregon coast. Florence, Oregon was voted the nation's "most beautiful city" by Expedia!
- Home to a community of great schools and churches. 3 local high schools recently voted top 30 schools in Oregon!
PeaceHealth offers competitive compensation and robust benefits:
A few of the benefits of our positions:
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Medical home model with care teams and EPIC health records
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- CME reimbursement & Relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational Loan Reimbursement Program for eligible providers
- Two excellent health coverage options
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan for providers
- Employee Wellness Program
Apply for Physician - Physiatrist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly